Business Partner, Marketing & Communications (18 Month Contract)
- Technical Safety BC
- Vancouver, BC
- $36.42/hr to $42.17/hr
- 21-43 Business Partner, Marketing & Communications
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
The Business Partner, Marketing & Communications contributes to connecting people to the safety system in order to improve safety behaviour. Using insights gained from our colleagues, stakeholders, clients and the general public to develop and implement a communication strategy through building awareness, extending reach, facilitating participation, fostering trust, and inspiring safety-minded decision-making.
- Status: Casual, Full-Time, Included
- Number of Positions: 1
- Pay Rate: $36.42/hr to $42.17/hr
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Reports to: Leader, Communications & Marketing
The impact you will make:
Content and storytelling
- Develop opportunities for strategic storytelling and deliver messaging to the right channels for the appropriate segments.
- Develop a creative brief to ensure an efficient process of initiating and delivering on campaigns.
- Collaborate with Digital Experience to develop, plan and execute digital campaigns, including SEM, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Increase market participation and connection through data decision making and understanding insights and segmentation.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to optimize user experience.
- Identify trends and recommend optimization based on the insights.
- Evaluate end-to-end client experience across multiple channels and client touch points.
- Conducts research, tracks advertising and promotional initiatives, and monitors financial resources.
The expertise you will bring:
- Degree in Marketing or Communications or a related discipline supplemented by 5 years of experience in digital marketing, leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and creating content for compaigns that engage and inform.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Experience with SEO tools including Google Adwords and Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console, Semrush and Buzzsumo.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
- Experience planning and implementing stakeholder, public and media relations strategies and programs.
- Experience preparing news features, releases, brochures, publications, issue updates, briefings notes, speeches and presentations.
- Experience responding to media inquiries with the ability to identify potential stakeholder/public concerns.
- Experience conducting market research and assisting in developing promotional programs and marketing new services.
- Experience assessing the effectiveness of communications programs.
- Experience planning and coordinating corporate events.
You are also often described as:
- Creative – you can engage an audience with your creative thinking and writing skills. You have superior writing, editing, social media and computer skills.
- Data-driven – your strong analytical skills and need for data direct the way you think and work.
- Knowledgeable of marketing trends – you stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Proactive decision maker with common sense – you exercise a high degree of initiative and judgement, able to respond to issues and enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Results-driven – you can prioritize your workload and meet deadlines.
- An Effective Communicator & Relationship Builder – you can quickly and easily establish and maintain working relationships with cross-functional teams to achieve communications objectives. You are a self-starter with excellent presentation skills.
- An Organized Planner – with your excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, you stay on top of your assignments.
About Technical Safety BC
Technical Safety BC is an independent, self-funded organization that oversees the safe installation and operation of technical systems and equipment across the province. In addition to issuing permits, licenses and certificates, we work with industry to reduce safety risks through assessment, education and outreach, enforcement, and research. Through simplification of our initiatives we promote understanding and engagement, making safety accessible to everyone. As society changes, we create and adopt new ideas, skills, and tools that will enable us to meet the safety challenges of a highly-connected world.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the safety system in B.C. We are strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. Technical Safety BC welcomes those who would contribute to further diversifying our organization, as we are an equal opportunity employer.
Our values guide our work.
- We See Genius in Diversity
- We Foster Confidence
- We Make the Complex Simple
- We Adapt
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online here! To learn more about Technical Safety BC or to see a full list of our current opportunities, please visit our website at technicalsafetybc.ca.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications