- Scarborough, Ontario
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Req ID: 3771
Faculty/Division: University of Toronto Scarborough
Department: UTSC:Marketing and Communications
Campus: University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC)
The University of Toronto Scarborough is a place of energy, enthusiasm and passion. Our commitment to inclusive excellence attracts the brightest learners, scholars and employees from around the globe. Our success has been made possible by the opportunity given to us by our Indigenous hosts to operate on their territory, and we cherish our continuing partnerships with these communities. The University of Toronto Scarborough is an exciting campus with unlimited potential. Join us on our journey.
The Marketing & Communications team at the University of Toronto Scarborough is looking for dynamic, innovative digital storytellers to join us. Our team is a highly collaborative group of marketing communications professionals, driven to find new and creative ways to reach our audiences. We uncover the most inspiring and impactful stories from our communities and share those moments with audiences locally, nationally and internationally. We bring the U of T story to life, every day.
We are looking for a talented Senior Digital Marketing Officer to join the team. In this role you will be empowered to develop and implement integrated multi-channel paid and organic social and digital marketing strategies for U of T Scarborough. You should have extensive experience in social community management, creating compelling digital content, building engaging social campaigns, and advising on best practices and strategies to maximize digital advertising, marketing and communications initiatives. In this role you will lead our social channels – tell our story, interact with our communities, build relationships and generate excitement.
This role requires a collaborative communicator with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and partners – both online and IRL. You should have expert level understanding of social platforms (including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and other emerging channels) and their related audiences, as well as extensive experience managing social channels and interacting with members of those communities. You should also have a talent for crafting custom content including video along with messaging appropriate for each platform and audience. We are a data-driven team so a thorough understating of analytics is critical. U of T Scarborough is rich with diverse stories and we need someone to join the team and help bring these stories to the world.
If you are interested in working with an iconic Canadian brand, are excited at the prospect of being a part of a purpose-driven organization with a social conscience, and thrive in a fast paced, team environment, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Innovative, convention-challenging, agile creatives are asked to apply! Whether you are from higher education, media, broadcast, start-up, non-profit, or another sector, bring your talents to our team.
Join us and help share the U of T Scarborough story
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing digital communication campaigns and programs that support strategic objectives.
- Implementing an integrated multi-channel digital communication approach.
- Advising on best practices and strategies to maximize digital communication initiatives.
- Developing and implementing social media programs and initiatives independently.
- Advising on strategies to maximize social media presence and growth.
- Advising clients on social media strategies and planning activities.
- Fostering and maintaining positive relationships with social media influencers, communities, bloggers and websites users.
- Determining key performance indicators to measure success.
- Bachelor's Degree specializing in social/digital media, digital marketing, communications or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years experience planning and developing integrated multi-channel digital and social marketing and communications strategies that drive strategic business objectives and build dynamic networks.
- Proven experience managing and developing robust social communities and conceptualizing, developing and executing high impact, social and digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience managing reputational issues on social media and creating contextualized reports using environmental scans.
- Demonstrated experience creating innovative, best in class digital and social marketing solutions to complex business challenges.
- Demonstrated experience pitching original story ideas and completing all phases of the creative process including: concept development, research, interviews, writing and editing (at a senior level), recording, distribution, etc.
- Extensive experience managing Google AdWords, Google Display Network, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, WeChat, TikTok, Snapchat and social media advertising (including paid) in a complex organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of Google Analytics and other ROI tracking tools.
- Thorough understanding of SEO and its function in driving content strategy.
- Planning and overseeing digital marketing expenditures and staying within budget.
- Experience supervising, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Accomplished content creator with vast experience in video production, editing, sound and lighting.
- Deep knowledge of digital media platforms, digital marketing and audience segmentation principles, practices and techniques to successfully expand online audiences.
- Well-informed on digital applicable copyright, access and privacy laws.
- Well-informed on industry best practices and trends in the digital advertising space.
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using project management programs (Basecamp, Asana, etc.).
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated experience balancing competing priorities and multiple projects concurrently and within tight timelines.
Secondary language skills an asset (ie. French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Hindi, etc.)
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
Notes: This is a one year term position. A copy of the full job description is available upon request from the UTSC HR Office.
Closing Date: 05/14/2021, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Term
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 15 -- $83,481 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $106,758. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
MANAGER, DEVELOPMENT AND PARTNERSHIPS – (TWO POSI…
Food Banks Canada
Senior Lead, Marketing and Brand Management / Res…
Healthcare Excellence Canada
Sales & Marketing Coordinator – Ottawa or Toronto
Westboro Mortgage Investment Corp.
Business Partner, Marketing & Communications (18 …
Technical Safety BC
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Daily Bread Food Bank