Manager, Human Resources & Corporate Services
- Canadian Marketing Association
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Job Category
- Human Resources and Recruitment
- Job Type
About the job
Reporting to the Vice-President, Corporate Services, the Human Resource Manager manages all aspects of the day-to-day HR needs of CMA and the HR function as well many corporate services. This role is responsible for the implementation of human resource initiatives, employee policy and procedures and responding to employee inquiries on a regular and timely basis.
- Activating HR programs including onboarding, learning curriculum, performance management, compliance, retention, recognition, health and safety;
- Full cycle recruitment: working with our staff to create and post jobs, interview, and onboard candidates;
- Establishing strong, credible relationships throughout the organization by leading and promoting innovative, dynamic solutions to people-related issues;
- Assisting the Vice-President, Corporate Services to ensure any legislative or regulatory updates are considered;
- Maintaining and enhancing the organization's human resources by monitoring overall HR systems, policies and procedures across the organization;
- Policy and Agreement Creation: continually updating internal company policies, employee/contractor agreements, and guidelines to ensure legal compliance;
- Leading the implementation of the performance management system that includes setting annual work plans, quarterly and annual performance appraisals, and performance development plans as required. Ensures these are conducted and documented for all workers in the organization;
- Providing management and organization of Human Resources records
- Overseeing the management of the CEO’s office including the calendar of appointments, expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence and manages the planning, and coordination the CEO and Vice-President, Corporate Services’ schedule is followed and respected;
- Providing support to and coordinates with Vice-President, Corporate Services on premises and office related matters;
- Together with the Vice-President, Corporate Services, planning and organizing board meetings, and board documents;
- Assisting the Vice-President, Corporate Services ensuring that both Board of Directors and all Committees are complaint with governance and best practices;
- Ad hoc responsibilities as assigned by manager
The preferred candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area or similar qualification or equivalent knowledge and skills developed through professional experience
- Highly organized and effective in establishing and delivering on multiple priorities
- Strong analytical mind-set; applying a critical and contextual approach to information
- Ability to plan strategically, lead business processes, and manage corporate needs
- Effectively communication, interpersonal skills and teams skills
- Knowledge of and comfortable with Outlook, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Committed to continuous quality improvement
- Adaptable and flexible
- Respects requirements for confidentiality
- Exercises discretion
More about CMA
CMA is committed to community, professionalism and innovation and these core values touch everyone in our organization. To learn more, visit us at www.thecma.ca.
Please note that during the CV-19 precautions, our team has transitioned to remote work-from-home. Though we expect this to be the case for the next few months, we are consistently and transparently adapting as we receive more information from the experts.
Should you be interested in learning more about this impactful opportunity with the Canadian Marketing Association, please apply today with your resume and a letter of introduction. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled when the right candidate is identified.
The Canadian Marketing Association welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Human Resources and Recruitment