- The National Film Board of Canada
- 1010-145, Wellington St W, Toronto (ON) M5J 1H8
- in the range of $72,687 to $92,027
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
L'affichage en français est disponible ici : http://onf-nfb.gc.ca/fr/emplois/postes-vacants/?jobid=21733
PERMANENT MARKETING MANAGER POSITION
Are you passionate about great storytelling, about exploring the issues that matter, about pushing the boundaries in new audiovisual experiences? So are we. As Canada’s public producer and distributor, the National Film Board has been telling the country’s stories and pioneering breakthroughs in virtually every field of audiovisual content since 1939. But to do this, we need a team that truly reflects the richness and diversity of Canada. If you’d like to be a part of this team—and part of the NFB’s incredible legacy—we’d love to hear from you.
In keeping with the NFB’s commitment to providing a Canadian lens on the world while combatting racism and systemic discrimination, among the qualified applicants, preference will be given to individuals with firsthand experience with such issues, notably members of underrepresented communities such as First Nations, Métis, Inuit, Black or racialized groups, persons of colour, and/or persons with a disability.
- The National Film Board, Canada’s public producer and distributor of engaged, innovative, and authentic audiovisual works, is seeking a Marketing Manager.
- This position will immerse you in the activities and productions of the NFB’s Ontario Studio in Toronto, which primarily produces documentaries, as well as animated films and interactive/immersive works.
- You’ll be based in our accessible downtown Toronto office and will be part of an exciting and dynamic workplace, where a number of ambitious projects are currently underway. Your primary role will be to oversee all marketing activities related to these projects and to develop unique, creative and innovative marketing and networking strategies.
- You will support the activities of both the studio and production teams, explore issues that Canadians are passionate about, build relationships with the region’s various communities, work to promote Indigenous artists and films, and maintain a commitment to parity and diversity in all productions.
- As a full-time Marketing Manager, you’ll earn a salary in the range of $72,687 to $92,027 and enjoy a variety of employee benefits—medical and dental insurance, a pension plan, paid leaves, and much more—in a unionized position covered by the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC).
- Once COVID-19 restrictions are eased, you’ll work in the Toronto studio; travel within Canada will be required to oversee launch and distribution events related to NFB projects.
- You’ll play an active role in the NFB’s mandate as a public distributor, developing and implementing marketing strategies for documentaries, animated films, and interactive projects in order to reach audiences and showcase works.
- You’ll broaden your network and cultivate relationships with stakeholders in the cultural sector as potential distribution partners for the NFB, including festivals, museums, cultural centres, art galleries, and community centres in your region.
- You will collaborate with our various in-house experts in areas such as social media, festivals, communications, audience development, distribution, business relations, production and post-production, and education.
You hold a post-secondary education degree in marketing or communications and have five (5) years of relevant experience in the cultural or audiovisual sector.
You keep up with the latest trends and have a keen interest in digital marketing and events, and your superior sense of organization and versatility make you a consummate professional.
You bring your unique life experience, point of view or expertise to the team that will enrich our programming.
You have a strong knowledge and understanding of underrepresented communities across Canada and are culturally competent.
You are able to understand, communicate with, and effectively interact with people across cultures.
With your proven experience in project management and your persuasiveness, you’re able to put forward tailored and innovative solutions; you are valued for your contagious leadership.
You are fluent in English and your spoken and written communications skills allow you to react calmly and efficiently to complex situations with a problem-solving approach.
At the National Film Board, our work is guided by our core values, which include respect, diversity, generosity, integrity, courage and empowerment.
The NFB has been a leader in greater diversity and inclusion in Canadian cinema and new media—but we know we to do more to address inequities and systemic racism against Indigenous peoplneed e and racialized/visible-minority groups, people with disabilities, women, and people in the LGBTQ2 community.
We are committed to ensuring that our organization, creative partners and workforce reflect diverse points of view. We are committed to addressing this by building a skilled, diverse workforce that better reflects Canadian society. Therefore, we prioritize employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily indicate in their cover letter if they identify as a member of a First Nations group, Métis, Inuit, Black, racialized or a person of colour, a woman, and/or a person with a disability.
The NFB is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Feel free to advise us of any accommodation needs.
If you are interested in this position and have the qualifications above, we invite you to apply in writing, including a copy of your resumé, to firstname.lastname@example.org, by May 7, 2021, citing competition number JS-00021307.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
The Citadel Theatre
MANAGER, DEVELOPMENT AND PARTNERSHIPS – (TWO POSI…
Food Banks Canada
Senior Lead, Marketing and Brand Management / Res…
Healthcare Excellence Canada
Sales & Marketing Coordinator – Ottawa or Toronto
Westboro Mortgage Investment Corp.
Business Partner, Marketing & Communications (18 …
Technical Safety BC