Marketing Officer, University Relations
About University Relations
Telling the Ryerson story — that's the role of University Relations. University Relations works with partners inside and outside of the university to enhance the profile and reputation of Ryerson University.
We’re seeking a Marketing Officer to join our award-winning Marketing and Creative Services team. If you’ve been an Account Lead at an advertising agency, you’ll find this role very similar. Your tasks? Manage client relationships, identify marketing objectives, develop integrated campaigns, help shape strategy, develop killer briefs, champion the creative work and help bring it to life — all in a fast-paced environment. Your team? Fellow marketing officers, creatives, content and digital strategists, UX designers, videographers, social experts, a traffic coordinator and more. You’ll also find some key differences between classic agency life and Ryerson agency life. Your clients? The many faculties and departments across the university that make Ryerson the leading innovative institution that it is. Your professional raison d'être? To promote higher education, showcase cutting-edge research, and help shape the greater story of our progressive, future-facing university.
● Oversees the development and execution of integrated campaigns and initiatives to achieve clients’ marketing goals and objectives
● Develops effective creative briefs and determines creative, photography, design and executional requirements for integrated campaigns, advertisements, marketing collateral, display materials, websites, etc.
● Collaborates with the creative team to present strategy and creative options for key initiatives
● Builds strong client relationship, manages client feedback and provides clear direction for internal teams
● Establishes project schedules and resources in consultation with clients and internal teams. Monitors project process and re-negotiated schedules as necessary.
● Provides support and strategic advice to clients, including campaign and brand planning, messaging, design, creative, etc.
● Develops budget for projects, coordinates financials and account requirements with appropriate offices, monitors costs at each stage of production and adjusts if necessary
● Researches and monitors key industry developments and competitive activity to apply to the day-to-day development of client marketing programs Qualifications
● Completion of a post-secondary degree program in Communications or Business with a major in Marketing, or a related field is required
● Strong strategic, execution and decision-making skills, project management, analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent oral and written and presentation skills
● Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a busy advertising agency or similar environment is required, with strong knowledge of digital and print production and experience and knowledge of developing marketing strategies to achieve defined objectives. Agency experience is preferred.
● This position also requires experience in client management, advertising, social media, website management, brand management and budget management.
Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do. Ryerson University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2015, 2016, and 2017. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
How to Apply - The applicants can apply via Ryerson Careers Portal (www.ryerson.ca/careers)
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
MANAGER, DEVELOPMENT AND PARTNERSHIPS – (TWO POSI…
Food Banks Canada
Senior Lead, Marketing and Brand Management / Res…
Healthcare Excellence Canada
Sales & Marketing Coordinator – Ottawa or Toronto
Westboro Mortgage Investment Corp.
Business Partner, Marketing & Communications (18 …
Technical Safety BC
Senior Digital Marketing Officer
University of Toronto Scarborough-Marketing and Communications