SENIOR MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS
- National Arts Centre (NAC)
- 1 Elgin Ottawa, Ontario
- $79,500.00 - $116,600.00 (position with benefits a
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be an inclusive organization that engages and welcomes all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and therefore actively seek to recruit candidates who are women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
This position has the ability and may be required to work remotely. The NAC will provide the incumbent with equipment required to perform their duties from home.
Department: Strategy and Communications
Status: Full-Time Continuing
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (35 hours per week).
Involves work outside of normal hours, including evening and weekend.
Salary: $79,500.00 - $116,600.00 (position with benefits and pension plan)
Closing Date: Sunday, May 2
Anticipated start date : Immediately
Reporting to the Executive Director, Strategy and Communications, the Senior Manager, Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of communications strategies, coordination and alignment of messaging and narratives, demonstrating strong background in communications management, social media and media relations in order to oversee the effective operations of the communications branch.
Leading a team of six full-time employees supporting the NAC’s artistic programming and departments, the Senior Manager, Communications provides leadership and is responsible for the successful implementation of the NAC’s communications strategies through an integrated, agile and collaborative approach, working with the Marketing and Digital Experiences & Design teams.
The Senior Manager, Communications ensures bilingual communications, social media and marketing activities are consistent across the organization, and with key stakeholders. The Senior Manager, Communications advises on the most appropriate communications strategies and provides recommendations to senior management and other staff regarding the National Arts Centre messages and initiatives.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with team members within Communications, Marketing and Digital Experiences & Design in an Agile and matrix environment, plan and facilitate the coordination and integration of all communications aspect, including public and media relations activities, in support of the NAC’s strategic plan and vision;
- Oversee the daily operations of the communications branch, including the planning and coordination of editorial/content calendar, to ensure communication needs for internal and external are properly resourced and deliverables met;
- Supervise and provide strong people leadership, coaching and oversight to a team of five (5) communication officers and one (1) social media officer, including establishing annual work objectives based on corporate priorities, evaluating and monitoring performance;
- Collaborate, plan and deliver reactive and proactive media strategies, including the development of media advisories, key messages, questions and answers and the development and organization of special events and media opportunities. Involves on-call and responsiveness to media requests and issue management;
- Lead the continuous improvement of the NAC’s communications processes and channels;
- Establish targets and key performance indicators, and reports on effectiveness and impact of communications strategies and activities;
- Maintain a consistent narrative for the NAC’s brand, and craft key messages to support departmental goals as well as NAC’s overarching priorities;
- Ensure the NAC’s brand is well represented and its positive reputation sustained across all media, and proactively pitch stories to mainstream and national media;
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on all aspects of communications involving sensitive subject matters;
- Develop, monitor and maintain budget for media monitoring services, writing/copy contracts, online tools and as needed.
- A degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field related to the position such as media studies, public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or other discipline relevant to the position, or a combination of education, training and experience related to the position.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in strategic management and implementation of communications and social media strategies, plans and products;
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience supervising staff, providing support, feedback, coaching and professional development;
- Experience in managing multiple, complex and/or sensitive files and providing strategic communications advice and recommendations to senior management;
- Significant experience and outstanding skills in writing and editing communications products in English and French with variety of voices and styles and skilled as a proof-reader;
- Experience with budgeting, contracting resources and procurement practices;
- Strong knowledge of media relations practices and media landscape;
- Strong knowledge of content creation processes, online and audio-visual publishing;
- Skilled in building collaborative and working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Superior project management, problem solving and operational skills;
- Skilled in using Office 365 programs, cloud-based sharing programs and comfortable with digital technologies, social media channels and apps;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate understanding of social issues and analytical skills, judgement, tact and discretion;
- Superior attention to details;
- Ability to think and act strategically at all times;
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects;
- Ability to work effectively with multiple departments and teams to deliver on organization-wide programs and priorities;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-volume environment with shifting priorities and multiple stakeholders;
- Bilingualism required (English/French) written and verbal;
- Experience in the arts and cultural sector, in particular the performing arts, is an asset.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Senior Lead, Marketing and Brand Management / Res…
Healthcare Excellence Canada
Sales & Marketing Coordinator – Ottawa or Toronto
Westboro Mortgage Investment Corp.
Business Partner, Marketing & Communications (18 …
Technical Safety BC
Senior Digital Marketing Officer
University of Toronto Scarborough-Marketing and Communications
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Daily Bread Food Bank