Senior Market Research Analyst
- SAIT Main Campus - Calgary AB.
- Senior Market Research Analyst
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications, Sales and Business Development, Technology and Digital Media
- Job Type
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and results that count. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace empowering people to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place … SAIT.
Business Intelligence and Analytics creates and oversees institution-wide business intelligence and market research strategies. The Business Intelligence and Analytics team plays an important role at SAIT by conducting research, gathering industry insights and measuring student and customer perceptions to directly support and inform strategic business decisions. Information and analytics are utilized to develop business cases to back institutional investments in support of student success.
Reporting to the Manager, Market Research and Product Support, the Senior Market Research Analyst designs, implements and conducts major market research and feasibility studies. This will include conducting primary research using a variety of market research techniques as well as analyzing secondary research. The information collected is used in the decision making process at various levels within the SAIT organization. Research studies are conducted for all areas of SAIT and they encompass a comprehensive evaluation of all issues addressed in the research.
The ideal applicant will possess a professional record of accomplishment in market research work, with emphasis on assessment methods, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Determine the appropriate research methodology based on project objectives; devise sampling methods, and design instruments for primary research.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of market research process, including questionnaire design, data collection, statistical analysis and presentations of the results.
- Develop moderator guides and recruitment guidelines for focus groups, moderate groups as well as write reports for key stakeholders.
- Responsible for trend analysis and reporting on a variety of primary and secondary research initiatives such as Satisfaction Surveys, Customer Behaviour surveys and reports, including 3rd party reports.
- Program and launch surveys using the SAIT Insights research panel as well as other online survey software tools.
- Manages SAIT Insights research panel including recruitment strategies, panel health monitoring and purging of inactive panelists.
- Assist with the implementation and management of a student assessment tool.
- Responsible for conducting competitive scans and analysis as well as market scans as they relate to post-secondary education and SAIT programming.
- Identify market and industry needs and future trends to assist with development of new SAIT program offerings
- Conduct research related to the Program Quality Assessment process of SAIT programs.
- Responsible for maintaining quality control and data integrity.
- Contributes to the annual market research plan and provides recommendations with respect to potential research initiatives and directions, and methodological improvements.
- Generate ideas for improving SAIT from the perspective of an unbiased consultant.
- Keep abreast of current trends in education as they relate to SAIT.
- Respond to ad hoc inquiries for information and analysis of issue from SAIT’s community.
- The minimum level of education required is a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with an emphasis on analytical thinking. Preference for those with courses in market research, statistical analysis, data analytics, economics or social sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, preferably in a client service capacity, with a professional record of accomplishment in market research work.
- Advanced knowledge using SPSS statistical software, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in online survey programming and study management.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to synthesize, interpret, analyze and report on data findings.
- Extensive experience and creativity in reports creation and presentation of data to various audiences.
- Excellent project management, administrative, and organizational skills, with ability to balance competing priorities.
- A serious interest in both the educational field and in market research is fundamental in keeping abreast of current issues.
- Focus group moderator skills would be a definite asset.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of market research panel management would be an asset.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of business intelligence tools like Tableau would be an asset.
- Highly motivated individual, with a strong sense of responsibility, and a high level of integrity.
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
AUPE: This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit.
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
More search results
Various volunteer opportunities around the world …
Cuso International - 354598
Managing Director, More Rewards
International Media Content Coordinator
Manager, Communications & Marketing
ONTARIO GOOD ROADS ASSOCIATION
Events Specialist, Events & Experiential
British Columbia Institute of Technology - 360570