National Director, Marketing and Communications
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
We’re currently searching for an experienced leader for the role of National Director, Marketing and Communications. Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing & Development, the National Director, Marketing & Communications will lead the marketing and communications team and develop and implement marketing and communications plans to strengthen JDRF’s brand and to ensure our mission is clearly communicated to audiences across the country.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Develop and implement an integrated national bilingual marketing and communications plan to advance JDRFs brand identity, broaden and increase the visibility of its programs and build a strong public voice, ensuring that the plan resonates and is meaningful to markets across Canada;
- Collaborate across JDRF to develop and implement marketing communications initiatives to support national core fundraising, major gifts, regional fundraising, government relations and advocacy, community engagement and corporate partnerships;
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by JDRF and work with leadership team and colleagues to develop and deliver appropriate messages and communications strategies;
- Define JDRF’s digital marketing strategy including use of digital marketing programs to drive awareness and acquisition;
- Collaborate closely with JDRF International Marketing teams, acting as main point of contact from a Marketing Communications perspective, leveraging work being done around the globe and ensuring JDRF Canada’s brand is aligned to the global brand;
- Create and execute innovative marketing and public relations strategies, incorporating both traditional and social media;
- Identify and manage top vendor relationships to ensure JDRF’s marketing communications efforts are supported and met;
- Provide leadership to marketing and communications team, establishing a service, results and data-driven approach to delivering activities;
- Review and approve all communications materials to ensure that JDRF’s voice is consistent and used appropriately with target audiences;
- Oversee the marketing and communications budget, evaluating cost effectiveness of all activities;
- Provide ongoing evaluation of Marketing communications metrics, ensuring efforts are adaptive to results (i.e. Google Analytics, Media impressions, social media engagement, etc);
- In collaboration with National and Regional leads, implement and reinforce JDRF policies, procedures and programs within the regions.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University or College degree in Marketing or Communications
- 8 - 10 years of proven experience in marketing communications, including leadership experience and 3-5 years in non-profit marketing
- Strong understanding of digital marketing
- Broad knowledge, experience, and skill in marketing and communications with emphasis on brand management, strategic communications, problem solving, and team building
- Proven strategic planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to diagnose opportunities and propose solutions that meet the overall Foundation’s needs
- Ability to sell ideas and concepts
- Attention to detail while also having the ability to see the “big picture”
- Self-motivated, personable and service-oriented
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to successfully interact with external vendors and staff within the organization; French reading and writing skills would be an asset
Submit your application for consideration today!
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Chartered Marketer Program: Senior Brand Coursew…
Canadian Marketing Association
Chartered Marketer Program: Senior Martech Cours…
Canadian Marketing Association
Product Marketing Manager
Lead Marketing Strategist
British Columbia Institute of Technology - 360570
Manager, Publicity & Social Media
Markham Public Library