Director, Client Services, Content Marketing Agency
- Fifth Story
- Toronto, Ontario
- Salary plus commission
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications, Sales and Business Development, Technology and Digital Media
- Job Type
At Fifth Story we love to tell stories and we bring those stories to life with some of the biggest brands in Canada. This means developing innovative content that connects at every touchpoint of the consumer experience. That’s where you come in. If you’ve got the passion, the curiosity and the creds to help us support that great work, we’d like to hear your story.
Fifth Story is looking for a Director, Client Services with experience in managing content marketing communications and integrated campaign strategies. This senior client services position is responsible for managing our current accounts, acquiring new clients and developing new business opportunities for long-term growth. The Director will identify prospects, markets and clients to create business opportunities. They are an effective leader with the natural ability to build relationships at a senior management level.
By providing innovative solutions and strategies to Fifth Story clients, the Director will establish and build trusted partnerships. Motivating excellence among the team and being responsible for the profitability of your projects are key responsibilities of this position.
- Work closely with the SVP Strategy & Innovation on developing effective client strategies that guide creative direction and deliver successful integrated communication plans
- Actively seek out and lead business development meetings, pitches, and RFPs to partner with prospective clients and grow their business
- Drive excellence across the agency on our client deliverables, from strategy and planning to creative execution and production
- Lead and manage client accounts and teams, providing innovative solutions to client challenges
- Foster and maintain long-term, trusting relationships with clients and organizational stakeholders.
- Generate new leads, identifies and contacts decision-makers, screens potential business opportunities, leads and facilitates pitch logistics
- Team/time management—responsible for projections, work allocation, collaboration and delegation among team members
- Ownership of project profitability targets, opportunity sales funnel, forecasting and reporting on accounts
- Able to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and annual revenue
- Strategic, analytical thinker with a proven ability to provide solutions to clients’ needs.
- Experienced in multiple marketing disciplines, particularly focused on content
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Proven new business development skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage the creative process to facilitate innovative ideas and execution solutions
- Budget development and management, forecasting and time management acumen
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills and the ability to influence, negotiate and manage contentious issues to resolution
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8-10 years of sales and client management experience, including a minimum of 5 years in a Marketing or Communications Agency
- Successful track record of creating marketing strategies, deploying program initiatives and growing client business
- Brings a strong list of contacts, and a proven ability to generate, negotiate and close sales deals
- Extensive experience achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Visible in the industry with the ability to enhance Fifth Story branding
- Track record of managing and motivating teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to motivate staff, peers and clients
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as experience with CRM
Fifth Story specializes in bringing brand stories to life across multiple channels and platforms. By providing strategy, creative, production, digital, distribution and measurement services under one roof, we make this process easy for our clients and generate measurable results. We’ve built our reputation for almost 40 years by delivering innovative content marketing solutions that appeal to our clients’ target markets.
Please submit your resume and a covering letter, detailing why you would be suitable for this position.