About ALS Canada
A charitable organization that lives its values of accountability, collaboration, compassion, integrity, resiliency and respect, ALS Canada works with the ALS community to improve the lives of people affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis through support, advocacy and investment in research for a future without ALS. Fully funded by donors, we were fortunate to benefit from the generosity of Canadians during the Ice Bucket Challenge of 2014, and are now focused on implementing our 2018 to 2023 strategic plan in support of the following long-term impacts: people affected by ALS receive the best possible standard of care; more treatments are available to improve quality of life and extend lifespan; and people are empowered to make informed decisions about ALS.
With annual revenues of more than $7 million, ALS Canada funds peer-reviewed research grants through the ALS Canada Research Program. Within Ontario, we have a role similar to that of the provincial ALS Societies providing services and support to help people living with ALS to navigate the complexities of the disease, which over time takes away one’s ability to walk, talk, eat, swallow and eventually breathe. Through federal and provincial (Ontario) advocacy, we give voice to the collective experience of people living with ALS to help drive program and system changes for the ALS community. As a member of the International Alliance of ALS/MND organizations, an international community for individual ALS/MND organizations from around the world, we actively contribute to the collaborative global effort to fight ALS/MND.
Our world is challenging. The people we serve are dealing with a devastating illness. But in the midst of it, their resiliency and spirit is remarkable and moving. You will be touched by the community and will find a way to naturally and effectively engage.
ALS Canada is looking for an energetic professional to join our team. The individual understands the critical contribution they will make to our vision to make a difference in the lives of people living with ALS today and to a future without ALS. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated team of staff and volunteers to help ALS Canada achieve its mission.
Reporting to the Manager, Integrated Marketing and Brand Strategy, the Coordinator, Integrated Marketing executes strategies in support of the annual Operations Plan and supports emerging opportunities. This role provides strategic and executional support with key responsibilities including desktop publishing, graphic design, copywriting, website management and maintenance, brand implementation, and digital campaigns. The incumbent is expected to demonstrate leadership within their area of responsibility. A high degree of collaboration with the broader Integrated Marketing and Communications/Public Affairs team is involved, as is cross-functional work across other areas of the organization including research, client services and fund development.
Digital content and engagement:
- Provide input to and execute the social media strategy, incorporating relevant trends and best practices
- Develop, execute, and manage a strategic digital editorial plan upon approval
- Develop and maintain content on ALS Canada’s website using a content management system (WordPress) in English and French, ensuring that content is accurate, up‐to‐date, and of high editorial quality
- Identify and execute opportunities to enrich organic and paid digital content, increase community engagement on social media to drive website traffic
- Track, analyze and report on website traffic, campaign performance and social media metrics using a variety of analytics tools, including but not limited to Google Analytics, Google Dashboard, and platform-specific insight tools
- Create, manage and execute process of distributing: quarterly e-newsletters; email campaigns; and other communication as needed, upon Manager’s approval
- Support digital campaign development; development and execution of marketing plans, liaising with vendors, and other duties as required
- Actively engage followers and ALS community on all social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn and respond to comments, questions, direct messages, during and outside of office hours. Due to the nature of monitoring social media accounts outside of business hours, there is the opportunity for flexibility with work schedule.
- Provide marketing support for our signature, community and other events including, but not limited to, the Walk to End ALS, the Plane Pull to End ALS, the Hike for ALS, the Virtual Research Forum, the ALS Canada Research Forum, and others.
- Working with key internal stakeholders, provide input to and execute the marketing and communications plan for events with a focus on digital platforms including social media, website content and promotion, and e-communications
- Develop marketing assets in support of event campaigns including email, social media, website, print, OOH, and others
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to understand and support local event needs including fulfilling branded collateral requests (customizing/modifying existing creative concepts), etc.
- Participate in and support annual Walk Training event by preparing and delivering presentations, updating Marketing and Communications Toolkit, and other duties as assigned.
- Engage with and interview individuals who are part of the ALS community (e.g. people living with ALS, caregivers, researchers, donors, volunteers, etc.). to collect information that will be used in the development of blog posts, web and social media content
- Produce compelling copy/materials for various channels in numerous formats (e.g. video, audio, written) and work with the Manager, Integrated Marketing and Brand Strategy, to finalize.
- Edit and proofread copy with an eagle eye for detail
- Use photo and desktopping software (Adobe Creative Suite) to edit/produce marketing and advertising assets
- Comply with/monitor use of brand and style guidelines to ensure ALS Canada is positioned in a clear and consistent way in all internal and external communications and serve as an internal resource for brand-related queries
- Participate in the development of the organization’s marketing and communications plan and identification and reporting of key performance indicators (KPIs) as they apply to the responsibilities of this position
- Provide input and recommendations into marketing and communications guidelines and procedures.
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization with the ALS community occasionally working evenings or weekends for event-related support
- Support the development of ad-hoc marketing and communications materials either internally or with external vendors
- Produce key metrics reports to assist in evaluating performance and provide recommendations to continuously improve campaigns
- Coordinate videography and photography for projects, as required, including attending photoshoots and video shoots, to ensure content from shot lists is captured
- Provide ad hoc support for department and organizational needs
- Support advocacy initiatives as needed
- Other duties as required
Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent in a related subject area (e.g. journalism, marketing, communications, public relations, digital media, etc.)
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience with clear demonstration of results. Experience working at a charitable organization is preferred
- Experience with content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Hootsuite), editing software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite), blogs, analytics and social listening platforms, search marketing and optimization, web design process and best practices
- Familiarity applying Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) standards to website and design
- Bilingualism (English and French) is highly desired, along with a familiarity around the needs of an organization that communicates in both official languages
Competencies and Skills:
- Genuine passion for digital media including web, mobile and social media
- Understanding of the connection between marketing/communications and fundraising
- Discretion, compassion and emotional strength
- Collaborator who identifies opportunities for the organization and brings new ideas/concepts forward
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative within role
- Proactive, solution and service-oriented approach
- High degree of judgement, political sensitivity, and diplomacy
- Positive and results-oriented, with the interpersonal skills and integrity that inspire trust
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Ability to rapidly adapt to changing environments
- Excellent storytelling abilities with high degree of sensitivity and empathy
Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio showcasing your design skills to firstname.lastname@example.org with Coordinator, Integrated Marketing in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected as a potential candidate will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Sales and Marketing Representative
Manager, Digital Marketing
Marketing & Sales - Junior Opening
Junior Marketing Associate: Paid Training
Brand Marketing & Advertising Representative