Vice President Marketing & Communications
Do you have the desire to make an impact and be part of an exceptional team? Does a career with two of the world’s pre-eminent concert venues interest you? Then read on!
The Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall, a charitable non-profit organization, owns and operates two of Canada’s most iconic concert halls. Massey Hall is currently undergoing the most extensive renovation in its 126 year history and is scheduled to reopen in late-2021 with a rejuvenated auditorium, enhanced amenities for artists and patrons, and the addition of new performance venues. Roy Thomson Hall serves as the home to the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, welcomes the Toronto International Film Festival’s red carpet gala premieres, and plays host to a dynamic array of cultural events throughout the year. The Corporation is actively engaged in presenting performances in external venues and is rapidly expanding its Artist Development and Education & Outreach initiatives as an investment in the next generation of artists and audiences.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President, Marketing & Communications is a key member of the senior executive team responsible for the promotion and positioning of the organization and its many brands, programs, and activities, and for the generation of revenues to support its mission. Providing leadership for an experienced and dedicated group of professionals, the Vice President establishes strategic priorities, offers mentorship, ensures smart resourcing, and empowers the team to excel. Working in concert with internal stakeholders, the Vice President ensures the departments serve the needs of the organization and maintain a vibrant and positive team-first approach. With an emphasis on enhancing the organization’s brand and programs through innovation, creativity, and technology, this position presents an unprecedented opportunity to join the organization at a critical time of growth and excitement.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Motivate and support a talented team of professionals;
- Establish employee goals and support professional development initiatives;
- Provide strategic guidance to two distinct but interdependent departments;
- Facilitate collaboration and inter-departmental cooperation;
- Drive innovation through ongoing education, review of best practices, and experimentation;
- Ensure event marketing & communications deliver effective and insightful campaigns and generate desired outcomes;
- Drive strategic initiatives to better understand and service the organization’s patron base;
- Represent the organization in a positive light in media and other public forums as required;
- Attend board meetings and provide regular reports on the organization’s marketing and communications efforts;
- Develop strategies for enhancing public awareness of Artist Development and Education & Outreach programs;
- Provide public facing support for fundraising initiatives;
- Ensure consistency for all stakeholders in brand and experience;
- Navigate and provide direction for a consolidated organizational social media strategy;
- Maximize brand value through the development of ancillary revenue streams and new opportunities;
- Assist in identifying corporate sponsors for programs or series;
- Initiate research, development, and implementation of new marketing programs;
- eCommerce & Marketing Manager
- Communications Manager
- Business Degree in Arts or related discipline;
- Demonstrated track record of successful marketing in live music or adjacent field;
- Exceptional storytelling skills and a demonstrated track record of conveying compelling narratives to the public;
- Extensive experience with public relations campaigns, corporate communications, and crisis management;
- An experienced leader of people with a team-first approach;
- Comprehensive understanding of the evolving sponsorship landscape;
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Seasoned experience with a Board; understands the role of the Board;
- Passion for music;
The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants requiring accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department. The Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications