PedalheadsTM is looking for a full-time Director of Marketing. This is a senior, leadership role and a new position for the company. If you are a strategic and results driven marketing professional seeking a position that will directly impact the overall success of the business, this is the place for you. To learn more about us and what we do, check us out at www.pedalheads.com.
This position can be based out of our office in Toronto, ON or Vancouver, BC.
PedalheadsTM is a privately-owned company providing trail-blazing programs that promote children’s health and development. The business currently operates instructional bike, swim, and multi-sport camps with 1800 staff at 130 locations in twelve cities across Canada and the USA. As part of a robust growth strategy across new and existing markets, Pedalheads will launch its first custom built swimming facility in the Park Royal Mall in the summer of 2021. With entrepreneurial drive, an exuberant, progressive culture, and innovative programming, the company has earned a reputation for excellence since 1986.
As part of the senior leadership team, the Director of Marketing will lead the development, implementation and successful execution of marketing strategies to drive growth, build community and position the Pedalheads brand at the forefront of our target markets. This position reports to the President and Founder.
In this position you will:
- mastermind Pedalheads’ marketing strategy across Canada and the U.S.
- find ways to quickly build a customer base in new launch markets and extend our customer lifetime value in our mature markets
- build the Pedalheads brand and ensure brand alignment across all channels and strategies
- be responsible for customer acquisition metrics including camp/lesson registrations and market growth
- integrate our digital marketing efforts with community focused initiatives that position Pedalheads as the recognized “camp of choice” in the markets we operate
- focus on the wide end of the marketing funnel and collaborate with the customer care and web teams to maximize our conversion rates and leverage customer experiences
- strategize, plan, and enhance email and marketing programs to convert registrations, increase product engagement among existing users, and drive re-registration
- lead, motivate and mentor a marketing team that includes the Marketing Manager, Senior Graphic Designer, and Marketing Coordinator (social media/influencers)
- be responsible for the performance and success of paid digital media channels including search, social, affiliate, display, and video and as such you will analyze site metrics and sales information to identify opportunities to increase sales
- be responsible for web content and work collaboratively with IT resources to deliver a world class UX
- define, measure and analyze critical KPI’s for the marketing team. Create dashboards to demonstrate progress against those KPI’s and communicate effectively
- be part of the leadership team, working with other department senior managers and peers to provide consultive oversite, strategy development and planning.
Key Goals for 2021
- Develop a multi-year omni channel strategy for the Pedalheads Brand including Social Media, Influencers, Community Partnerships and Direct Marketing.
- Successfully develop a marketing and PR campaign for our new Park Royal Pool to develop and retain clients
- Drive customers to the website, enhance conversions to increase registrations numbers and surpass annual goals
- Drive sales for twelve existing Pedalheads cities as well as kick start three new cities in 2021
- Optimize the website to make it more iterative, and measure results
- You are active, playful and appreciate the programming and environment of Pedalheads
- You can match your creative and imaginative side with a strong appreciation for data and analytics
- You are used to rolling up your sleeves to get in and execute effectively and iterate quickly with regards to testing (this is something you are passionate about)
- You pride yourself on grit and perseverance and have a track record of delivering high ROI
- You have hands-on experience developing, planning, launching, and analyzing customer acquisition and retention campaigns. Performance marketing should feel like second nature for you - aka CAC, LTV, AOV, churn, conversion rate, abandoned cart rates, etc.
- You have led and managed teams of performance growth marketers in the past and are eager to do so again
- You are confident that you can master and be the voice of Pedalheads
- You will have hands-on experience with SEO/SEM, Facebook & Instagram Ads, Google & Youtube Ads, Customer Acquisition, Analytics and Reporting, Growth Hacking, Cost Measurement, Google Analytics, SQL+BI/data visualization
- You are an expert in all things Google Analytics! You have a critical understanding of the levers/tools to use in GA to help assess, define and optimize to your strategic marketing plan
- 8-10+ years proven experience in a senior marketing role, particularly in e-commerce, direct to consumer
- Experience with marketing business in the U.S. and/or Asian markets an asset
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or relevant field
Working at Pedalheads includes a fun and vibrant work environment, competitive salary with eligibility for annual bonus, health benefits/lifestyle spending account, paid volunteer days, professional development reimbursement, additional paid days off during the holiday season, employee perks program and an annual company trip.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply online at https://pedalheads-bike-camps.breezy.hr/p/ae16296a1e1a-director-of-marketing with a cover letter and resume by Wednesday, March 3, 2021.
Pedalheads is committed to creating and upholding a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment that is respectful and welcoming to everyone. We believe that the presence of many voices from a variety of racial, cultural and religious backgrounds, political beliefs, ages, sexual identities and orientation, socio-economic backgrounds and physical and cognitive abilities will make our programs and workplaces richer for all.
We welcome applications from individuals of all identities and backgrounds. If you face any barriers to employment or require financial assistance or other accommodation during the recruitment and/or employment process, please feel free to contact us in confidence at the Pedalheads Human Resources Department.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications