Director, Marketing, Communications and Brand Management
Director, Marketing, Communications and Brand Management
Who we are – the Lambton College story
Located on the beautiful homeland that is the traditional territory of the Ojibwe, Potawatomi and Odawa First Nations, for over 50 years, Lambton College has been a ground-breaking institution. Lambton College is a national leader in applied research, teaching methodologies, experiential learning opportunities and future-facing educational innovations. With 13,000+ students from 20 countries around the world, two main campuses in Sarnia, Ontario, and a growing roster of more than 90 diploma, certificate and degree programs, Lambton College offers students flexible learning options with a broad range of programs and courses that incorporate elements of classroom, mobile, hybrid and accelerated educational alternatives.
Lambton College ranks #1 in Ontario and #2 in Canada for Research in 2020 in addition to maintaining a ranking within the top 3 Colleges for Research for five straight years.
At Lambton College, we’re proud of where we have been, but more importantly, where we are going, together. With Caring and Vitality as two of our core values at Lambton College, you know you’ll be joining a team of passionate and fun colleagues.
Who you are, and what you will do
The Director, Marketing, Communications and Brand Management is an individual with the business acumen to strategically plan, develop and lead a comprehensive, integrated approach to Lambton College’s Marketing, Communications and Student Recruitment activities. You will lead the day-to-day and strategic operations of the team – mentoring, coaching, empowering and enabling your team to be the amplifier of Lambton College’s message and brand. You will be a key contributor to this through your council and guidance to the Senior and College Leadership Teams, as well as acting as the primary spokesperson for Media and external public relations and communications.
Specifically, you will:
- Champion student recruitment through the development and implementation of innovative and creative marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Provide leadership to support and uphold Lambton College’s brand and reputation in the marketplace.
- Position Lambton College at the front of the market by executing creative strategies, through digital, web based and traditional media that underscore the value of an education at Lambton College.
- Challenge and support your team with the drive to try new and creative approaches to achieve Program and overall enrollment targets.
- Stay up to date on emerging trends in the sector to respond accordingly.
- Lead and empower a team of diverse professional to achieve success at every turn at the same time, positioning yourself as creditable colleague and leader.
To accomplish this, you:
- Have a respect for curiosity, creativity and are driven to innovate.
- You understand how to use data to inform and nimbly adjust plans to position Lambton College as a leader.
- See value in collaboration with the college community to creatively position Lambton College to the achieve, and grow student enrolment.
- Will ensure that people are able to see that diversity is a key pillar within our brand.
- Will support and drive a team to create the best brand experience, all while looking for new opportunities to position Lambton College as a leader.
Professional and personal qualities you’ll bring
- Your experience: You have 9+ years of relevant experience leading and empowering a multidisciplinary team, ideally from within the Post-Secondary sector. You possess a thorough understanding of all channels within digital, web based and traditional media.
- Your education: A post-secondary degree with a focus on public relations, marketing, business administration or communications. It would be valuable and preferred if you also possess a Master’s degree, however we would consider an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Your approach: You are a team player and understand the value of relationships. You can easily manage up, down and across. Utilizing your exceptional communication skills, you are able to effectively understand and respond to the business needed in a fast-paced environment. Quality is important to you, but equally important is the ability to adapt quickly and be responsive.
- Your thinking: You are strategic, innovative and creditable. You bring a critical eye to problem solving and foster creative solutions. You understand the bigger picture and used data and evidence to inform a modern and responsive approach to building immediate and longer terms plan.
- Your drive: You are passionate about supporting students and the student experience. You are energized by new ideas and encourage a better way, all in support of student enrollment and position Lambton College as a leader. You persevere and aren’t discouraged in the face of adversity. You look for opportunity to achieve, or learn in every situation.
This is a permanent full-time appointment reporting directly to the Vice President, Academic and Student Success and to the President for the purposes of brand management and media relations. The salary range is $115,279 – $153,703 per year and will be considerate of your past professional experience. We also offer other amazing benefits, such as generous vacation time, a full suite of extended health benefits and an outstanding pension plan to name a few!
How you can get in touch with us
If you feel this is the opportunity for you, we invite all qualified candidates to apply via the Lambton College Careers Page by 11:59pm on Sunday, March 14, 2021 to be considered.
All candidates selected for an interview may be asked to present on a topic related to the position. We thank all applicants for their interest, and we know this is your dream job, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lambton College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Lambton College hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. In support of a diverse and inclusive college community, Lambton College encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications