Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be an inclusive organization that engages and welcomes all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and therefore actively seek to recruit candidates who are Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community, persons with disabilities and women. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
This position has the ability and may be required to work remotely. The National Arts Centre (NAC) will provide the incumbent with equipment required to perform their duties from home.
Canada is our stage
The National Arts Centre is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts. The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada. The NAC’s vision is to lead and support the renewal of the Canadian performing arts sector over the next three years, with The Next Act, it’s 2020-2023 strategic plan. Through collaboration and investment in creation, production, co-production, and dissemination, along with a heightened focus on community engagement, learning, and innovation, the NAC will shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Associate Marketing Officer (AMO) is primarily responsible for the tactical execution of marketing plans designed to enhance local and national exposure and maximize revenue of NAC artistic discipline productions, products and initiatives. The AMO also monitors and reports on results as required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in establishing critical milestones of tactics, track/monitor progress and manage workload to ensure timely and successful completion of work;
• Track and monitor revenue and expenditures to ensure adherence to budgetary obligations;
• Proactively populate and share NAC discipline specific content on social media channels;
• Participate in coordinating the development of house programs, proof bi-monthly calendars, and update website content;
• Participate in coordinating photo and video shoots;
• Participate in coordinating the collection and manage the digital storage of audio and visual assets;
• Coordinate the development of the season brochure;
• Assist with the development and lead the tactical execution of strategic marketing plans for the single ticket and subscription Marketing Officers;
• Track and report on campaign metrics on a weekly basis;
• Assist with team duties as required.
The Associate Marketing Officer works closely with the Marketing Officers for the different NAC artistic disciplines and assists with the execution of "surround" including pre/post show activities and media as required.
• A university degree in communications and/or marketing and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in a marketing or communications role or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Experience managing budgets;
• Experience in marketing campaign strategy development, implementation and analysis;
• Excellent writing and editing skills, including ability to create and edit copy for collateral materials, social media posts and web content;
• Strong ability to communicate verbally;
• Strong project management skills and attention to details;
• Creative and analytical thinking;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work in a team that thrive in a fast paced, high-volume environment with shifting priorities and multiple stakeholders under tight deadlines;
• Demonstrate initiative and sound judgment;
• Proficiency in using MS Office (Teams), PowerPoint, Excel and social media platforms;
• Fluency in English and French is a strong asset;
• Familiarity with, and a deep interest in the performing arts would be an asset;
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (35 hours per week)
Occasional evening and weekend work
Job Reports To
Senior Marketing Manager
Who Can Apply
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Marketing & Communications Manager
Food & Beverage Manitoba
Digital Marketing Specialist
Ducks Unlimited Canada
PPC & Paid Social Marketing Specialist
Intrigue Media Solutions Inc.
Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
Ducks Unlimited Canada
British Columbia Institute of Technology - 360570