Special Events Officer -12 month full-time contract position
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing & Communications, the Special Events Officer will contribute to the ongoing success of Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation by identifying, cultivating, soliciting sponsors and managing sponsor relationships, planning and managing the coordination and execution of all signature events including administration and logistics.
The Special Events Officer plays a critical role in supporting the fundraising goals and objectives associated with the signature event portfolio. This position is responsible for all the logistical, financial and administrative aspects of some internal events and all signature events. The event portfolio currently includes four signature events; however, this is always subject to change.
The Special Events Officer will be a dedicated and energetic individual who welcomes challenges and is able to react quickly and professionally to any situation. The ideal candidate must be comfortable actively soliciting sponsorship and other support to enable event success.
- In conjunction with the Vice President, Marketing and Communications, plan and execute all signature events
- Manage the logistical elements for all events whether virtual or in-person including but not limited to: working with suppliers, venues, sponsors and donors; coordinating any applications or license requests; managing all event details
- Maintain event project plans and critical paths
- Maintain project and financial tracking for each event
Fundraising/Donor Stewardship & Relationships
• Achieve annual revenue targets for each event by maximizing event participation, gift in kind donations and sponsorship opportunities
• Recruit and manage volunteer participation
• Solicit sponsors and manage sponsor relationships including activation for all events including but not limited to event and gift-in-kind sponsors
- Solicit businesses to secure prizing as appropriate for signature events
- Cultivation and stewardship of donors, helping participants through the event registration process, responding to telephone and emails regarding events
- Preparing donor stewardship packages
- List management
- Maintain Raisers Edge database on sponsorship and gift solicitations
- Produce invoices, track payments and payment follow-up with all event sponsors
- Undertake post-event follow-up including supplier payment, sponsor package production and assembly and event analysis
- Manage communication and stewardship with event sponsors and supporters
- Coordinate all event planning meetings, agenda and minutes
- As appropriate, manage the day-to-day operations of our Inspiration Lottery
- Work with Raisers Edge database to ensure accurate, efficient data entry of donor/participant information, proposals and actions
- Analyze all data associated with each event for reporting and marketing purposes
Marketing and Communications
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team on event marketing plan(s) including all print and electronic materials
- Responsible for the marketing plan associated with the Inspiration Lottery, and collaborating with team to execute the plan
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must enjoy all aspects of planning and executing events – whether in-person or virtual
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic organization with the ability to relate to a variety of personality and communication styles
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with the ability to set priorities, demonstrate a positive attitude, troubleshoot, and problem solve independently using sound judgment
- Solid project management skills, detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment to excellence while managing multiple priorities
- Post-secondary education with either a related college or university degree
- Minimum 5 years Major Event Experience, preferably fundraising events
- Must be comfortable engaging with supporters via telephone, and soliciting community support and sponsorship
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and ideally experience working with databases such as Raiser’s Edge
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate excellent communication (both verbal and written) interpersonal and problem-solving skills
This position is based in Hamilton, Ontario. Due to the nature and scope of this position, some evening and weekend work is required. A valid driver’s license and motor vehicle are also required.
Based on the nature of The Foundation’s activities visits to our hospital sites are occasionally required. This position reports to the Vice President, Marketing and Communications.
Currently, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, HHSF staff are working remotely. Ultimately, when it is safe to do so, our goal is to work out of the HHSF offices, located in downtown Hamilton.
About Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation:
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care. We inspire and motivate gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
As a registered charitable organization, we proudly support patients and families across south-central Ontario, and from outside the region, who receive specialized care at Hamilton Health Sciences including Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, and St. Peter’s Hospital. The associated programs at the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, McMaster University Medical Centre and Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre are also included.
HHSF is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application process, please contact Naoka Feth (905.521.2100 x 44249 or email@example.com) for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise Naoka Feth when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
Please respond by Mar 5, 2021 with a copy of your resume, salary expectations (mandatory) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Please note: while we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications