Director, Stakeholder Communications
- IMCO Investment Management Corporation of Ontario
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Director, Stakeholder Communications
IMCO is looking for a highly motivated leader to join our team!
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Communications, the Director of Stakeholder Communications will be responsible for identifying, monitoring, engaging, and communicating with key stakeholders (both internal and external). The Director oversees the stakeholder communications strategy, including developing, executing, and coordinating engagement. The Director will use their extensive knowledge of stakeholders’ needs to increase communication effectiveness.
As a Member of Our Team, You Will be Responsible For:
Corporate Communications, Reputation and Issues Management
- Initiates, leads, and measures key aspects of corporate communications activities, including those related to reputation management, to enhance and protect IMCO’s market position.
- Develops and maintains key reputation protocols and conducts research and benchmarking to identify reputation considerations for communicating global investment activities.
- Develops and maintains an issues’ briefing database that drives message consistency and effectively evolves core positioning on key issues.
- Oversees global media monitoring, including early issues identification indicators and through partnership with other key internal partners such as risk and compliance teams.
Institutional Client Communications
- Oversees key client communication requirements.
- Develops a systematic engagement process to effectively manage appropriate and relevant disclosures.
- In partnership with the client service team, identifies and executes strategic client communication projects and deliverables.
- Acts as project leader for Annual Reporting requirements.
- Includes developing and managing process and timelines for key deliverables.
- Drafts materials for key components of annual reporting process, including executive and board communications.
- Develops and oversees IMCO’s approach to building brand presence through relevant organizations.
- Creates an executive speaking/presentation plan to drive a consistent and strategic approach for external presentation opportunities.
What do you need to succeed?
- Communications professional with 10 to 15 years of related experience in a communications role.
- Experience working in financial communications, institutional investing or asset management preferred. Experience within the pension investment industry would be considered an asset.
- Experience in developing, leading and writing complex reports.
- Ability to design strategy and be actively involved in the roll out and implementation of tactics.
- University degree, ideally in business, communications, media or an associated field of study.
- Strong project management skills to ensure the efficient, timely and best-in-class delivery of communications materials.
- Consistently deliver flawless and professional execution on all projects.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Detail- and results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- High-performing team player with a collaborative approach who actively steps up to add value to the business.
- Strong project management skills and detail-oriented by nature.
- Ability to work and collaborate across diverse internal teams and within a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrates ability to manage competing demands with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong ability to adapt when faced with changes and new challenges.
What IMCO Can Offer You:
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, to deliver an unparalleled employee experience and to work as one team to continuously improve the management of broader public-sector investment funds. In addition to offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, we pride ourselves on helping you reach your potential, making a difference in our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Applications And Inquiries
Interested applicants can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMCO invites applications from all qualified candidates; however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. IMCO is partnering with BIPOC Executive Search to ensure an applicant list that includes Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour, thereby reflecting Canada’s diverse population. Applicants from the BIPOC community can send their resumes to Helen Mekonen at email@example.com.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.
We thank everyone for their expression of interest—and are truly appreciative of the time individuals put into applying—but with the limitations of time only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Marketing Director (Voak Health Center)
Director, Client Services, Content Marketing Agen…
Digital Content Strategist
Ontario Securities Commission
Vice President Marketing & Communications
The Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall
Marketing associate, Toronto