Senior Advisor, Marketing & Communications (16 Month Term)
You are a big-picture thinker and problem solver who is passionate about being a part of progressive change. You are excited about modern marketing and communications techniques and you are savvy in the technologies that power them. You always think ‘digital’ first but know that sometimes there is nothing wrong with a traditional approach. You understand what is required to roll out impactful and memorable strategic campaigns with punch. You live ‘outside of the box.’
You may have been a generalist in a previous life. A mix of marketing with a little internal communications thrown in, some project and event management with a pinch of graphic design and maybe even some coding… you’ve done a lot and you have done it well. You are looking to bring your diverse skill set to your next role and make your mark on that organization.
You are a team player. A natural born story teller. You enjoy spirited brainstorming and appreciate the ‘je ne sais quoi’ others can bring to enhance your brilliant ideas. But, you also relish the quiet moments when you can be alone and spin up an amazing result all by yourself.
About the Role:
You will be the digital and marketing champion for the business unit. As the visionary behind the digital strategy, you are responsible for working with the in-house digital team and our stable of vendors to develop and execute progressive integrated marketing and communications strategies leveraging marketing automation, apps and digital tools. Your world will centre around growing the business and effectively communicating with and engaging our customers. This includes a strong focus on optimizing customer experience, developing engaging content for multiple channels, supporting community outreach and engagement and driving customer event strategies as well as telling our public stories and successes to our internal people.
You will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively to research, develop, execute, manage, and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and communications to support business strategies for both internal and external audiences (including customers, community stakeholders, municipal, provincial and federal governments, media, industry associations, Indigenous communities, investors etc.).
- Marketing process development, performance measurement, and optimization. Including CRM management.
- Creating compelling, informative and audience-centric marketing and communications content including: campaign materials, sales collateral, digital and print content, customer communications, briefs, key messages, executive speaking notes, customer and stakeholder presentations, videos, advertising, annual and sustainability reports.
- Developing and supporting go to market strategies around products and services. This will include monitoring market trends, leading external market analysis, segmentation or differentiation by various research methods including focus groups, researching consumer markets and competitors' activities to identify opportunities and key issues while using customer insights to guide marketing campaigns and inspire the development of high-quality creative assets.
- Developing and executing the digital strategy for the business unit and owning all digital channels including social media, customer portals, website, analytics programs, and marketing automation.
- Leading on communicating brand to internal customers.
- A post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field. (Tell us why your education and experience makes you the perfect fit!)
- 7+ years of progressive, related experience in marketing and communications strategy and execution, ideally in a corporate setting.
- Exceptional project management skills and collaborative team player.
- Flexibility and comfort in dealing with ambiguity and change.
- Strong customer-centric focus, with a proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail and able to support multiple business priorities and tight deadlines.
- Experience with social media and web metrics data analysis for optimization.
- Proficiency in SharePoint, Adobe Experience Manager or other web content management systems.
- Skilled with using modern marketing technologies – Hootsuite, Google Analytics, marketing automation platforms, CRMs etc.
- Grasp of brand development and ability to develop, write and implement strategic, integrated communications and marketing plans to promote brand.
- Strong business acumen and strategic mindset including understanding of budgeting, planning, advertising and promotions.
- Ability to develop KPIs, goals and benchmarks to drive the performance of campaigns and projects.
- Experience with mobile app development and launch.
- Graphic design experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in planning and executing internal communications.
- Knowledge of the energy or utilities sector.
- Professional membership with CPRS / IABC or other related professional association.
With approximately 7,000 employees and assets of $22 billion, ATCO is a diversified global holding corporation with investments in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Energy Infrastructure (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution; natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development; energy storage and industrial water solutions; and electricity and natural gas retail sales); Transportation (ports and transportation logistics); and Commercial Real Estate. More information can be found at www.ATCO.com
Electricity Global Business Unit
This team delivers comprehensive and innovative electricity generation, transmission, distribution and related infrastructure solutions that make energy easy for our customers. By leveraging decades of experience and expertise, we provide customers with the cost-effective energy solutions they need, while keeping a steadfast commitment to safety, reliability, customer service and innovation.
Interested candidates should submit their resume through www.atco.com/careers. When applying for this opportunity, please quote requisition number REQ 4916.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check. Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices. By submitting your resume and personal information to ATCO, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by ATCO to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within ATCO.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Associate, Digital Marketing
Trillium Health Partners
Digital & Social Media Manager
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Online Publishing / Content Coordinator
Robert Half Management Resources
Data Analyst, Marketing
Robert Half Management Resources
Marketing Manager, Junior
Robert Half Management Resources