Director of Marketing
If we asked you “What’s possible?” would you look for an answer? We are an interdisciplinary design firm, driven by the desire to help create happier, healthier, more connected communities.
We're looking for a Director of Marketing to provide strategic oversight and operational delivery for HCMA’s marketing function, with a core focus on business development through successful proposal planning and submissions, effective external communication, and strong team leadership.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Represent the voice of the firm consistently with our values and vision;
- In close collaboration with Partners, Senior Leaders, Marketing Manager and Marketing team, develop a strategic business development and marketing plan for HCMA’s interdisciplinary design work, supporting our firm’s goal of healthy growth;
- Support partners and senior staff with information and tools for business development, and for pursuing project opportunities. This includes seeking out networking, speaking, and conference opportunities.
Proposal and Opportunity tracking:
- Oversee the bid-site monitoring and the GO/NO GO process, ensuring appropriate opportunities are captured, evaluated, and acted on in a timely fashion. This includes maintaining an active opportunity pipeline that supports strategic planning, financial forecasting and monthly updates;
- Manage proposal resources, including proposal assignments, with accountability for both strategic and active delivery to maximize opportunities and wins.
- Accountable for implementing and maintaining our CRM platform, ensuring the data is accurate while encouraging the wider office to engage with the platform;
Communication including social media, storytelling and asset management:
- Collaborate, manage and support interdisciplinary marketing activities on an ongoing basis i.e. our upcoming rebrand.
- Broad oversight on the development and execution of social/digital media, storytelling, photography, videography production, asset management, published works, event planning and communication of all kinds. May help manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management.
- Oversee the operation of the company’s website and online marketing programs; provide analytics for review;
- Accountable for the overall performance of the team;
- Effectively and inspirationally engage, grow, retain and attract a strong, healthy, cohesive team with adaptable skills;
- Keep up to date with latest trends and best practices in marketing and business development. Ensure we have a high level of market awareness and understand how we are perceived as a firm, strategizing on course correction and realignment when needed;
Skills and experience:
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Proven experience in supporting the bid management process
- Strong experience and skills in leadership, planning & process improvement
- A firm grasp of marketing theory, copywriting principles, SEO principles and social media
- Marketing and content writing / creation experience, preferably in the AEC industry
- Demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, people management skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills
- Evidenced ability to succinctly communicate relevant information to diverse audiences
- Ability to develop relationships and partnerships and to work collaboratively at all levels and areas within the organization.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy, tact, initiative, and discretion.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing deadlines, and time and resource constraints
- Understand different software and data management platforms needed to support these core functions i.e. CRM, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress CMS, Excel.
- Creativity, a collaborative spirit, easy to work with, reliable and organized.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or Design
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in a marketing, business development, proposal management function in a professional services firm environment
- Possess the ability to collaborate with others who do not directly report to you and also the ability to collaborate, lead and negotiate with other leaders
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and as a team member.
Tell us about you: We want to understand your way of thinking, your experience, and why HCMA is the place for you. With that in mind, please send relevant examples of your work along with your resume to email@example.com.
Working at HCMA We offer an open environment with the opportunity to grow your skills and socialize with your colleagues. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada and provide supporting evidence prior to any potential offer of employment. Thank you for your interest and for taking the time to consider this opportunity. No phone calls or agencies.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Senior Digital Marketing Specialist
Email Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing and Social Media Lead
Growth Marketing Manager
Search Performance Marketing Specialist