Are you interested in helping to create a Brighter World?
McMaster University fuels curiosity, inquiry and discovery. Every day, we push the boundaries of knowledge through our world-class, interdisciplinary research and our ground-breaking approaches to teaching and learning. Our students, researchers and staff are among the best and brightest. We are seeking an equally talented Manager, Marketing – International Recruitment to help develop and build McMaster's marketing strategy to support our ambitious international student recruitment goals.
The University Advancement division of McMaster University is an integrated department that encompasses the areas of Communications & Public Affairs, Marketing, Development, Alumni Advancement, Stewardship & Donor Relations, Volunteer Engagement and Advancement Services; areas that coordinate their activities and work as a team to build relationships, reputation and resources.
Our vision: Together, we enable McMaster to advance human and societal health and well-being.
Our mission: Inspired by McMaster’s tradition of collaboration and innovation, we strengthen relationships, reputation and resources in pursuit of our goal to be the best.
University Advancement’s approach to realizing our mission and vision reflects these core values and principles: Integrity, Quality, Respect, Service, Strategy and Teamwork.
The Manager, Marketing – International Recruitment will successfully develop and lead key aspects of the University’s international recruitment marketing and engagement strategy by facilitating partnerships with University marketing and recruitment practitioners across the University, developing communities of practice, and contributing as an experienced member of the marketing team. The Manager, Marketing plays a key role in supporting all the activities associated with attracting the best and brightest international students and building a strong global brand.
These activities are strategic and designed to promote a positive public image of the University to all international audiences including: prospective students, parents, guidance counsellors, the media, alumni, government officials and opinion leaders in both the internal and external community. The position regularly works with the fellow University managers and leaders, volunteers, external partners and agencies and contributes to the overall strategic marketing direction of the project.
- Provides a leadership role in the development and integration of marketing programs that support the University’s international recruitment strategy
- Develops marketing plans and collateral across a variety of platforms, including Microsoft Dynamics and its related automated marketing journeys
- Researches, identifies, and facilitates international partnerships with organizations to expand and attract the brightest students from key international markets
- Responsible for leading aspects of international media planning, advertising and vendor management to support the overall program goals
- Responsible for relationship development with key audiences such as faculty, staff and students
- Stewardship of the brand ensuring creative consistency and value propositions are well-defined and communicated
- Strong ambassador and relationship builder who can work with stakeholders across the University to integrate international marketing efforts
- Plays a key role in the strategic planning for international marketing and communications programs and projects
- Responsible for developing, implementing and measuring the impact of parts of the strategic marketing plans for the University in collaboration with other marketing leaders
- Is a leader in digital evolution and is responsible for overseeing a wide range of digital projects and properties, their planning, successful execution and project management, and measurement
- Is committed to delivering the highest level of service to the University community and to building a network of strong relationships across the organization
- Ensures that McMaster administrators, faculty, staff, and volunteers are equipped to deal effectively with internal and external marketing and communication issues and provides strategic advice on issues management communication.
- Actively promotes internal and external collaboration and partnerships to strengthen the University’s reputation with a focus on delivering stellar service and support
- Works with members of Communications and Public Affairs team to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate aspects of program within the portfolio
Are you the right candidate?
The successful incumbent will have demonstrated success working with integrated marketing plans and proven experience building a brand across key international markets. Experience working with a CRM (preferably Microsoft Dynamics) and a proven track record of impactful leadership and management are highly desirable. Throughout your experience, you have been recognized for your sound judgement and decision making, outstanding communication and project management skills, and have extensive experience understanding the digital environment with the ability to anticipate and respond to technological shifts.
- A University degree in English, Journalism, Communications, marketing, or a related field.
- 4 to 5 years of related experience
- Previous experience working on an international recruitment strategy for a top tier academic institution is highly valued.
- Significant experience as a marketing, media planning, advertising, communications, or public relations manager.
Employment Equity Statement
In keeping with its Statement on Building an Inclusive Community with a Shared Purpose, McMaster University strives to embody the values of respect, collaboration, and diversity, and has a strong commitment to employment equity. The diversity of our workforce is at the core of our innovation and creativity and strengthens our research and teaching excellence. The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://careers.mcmaster.ca by March 3rd (Job ID 36089).
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications