Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Corporate Services - Marketing · Toronto, Ontario
Reporting to the SVP of Corporate Services at Environics Analytics (EA), the Vice President of Marketing and Communications is responsible for leading the design, implementation, communications and monitoring of effective promotional and public relations strategies that align with our business goals. The VP of Marketing and Communications will lead the positioning and promotion of EA’s industry-leading products, services, and corporate brand across online and offline channels and is responsible for significantly helping generate new leads and cross-sell opportunities.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The VP of Marketing and Communications will provide leadership to the marketing and communications team and will have the following responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the execution of high impact marketing strategies, promotional and public relations campaigns and materials
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communication channels
- Work closely with sales to align sales and promotional strategies
- Develop and maintain media and public relations with general and industry contacts
- Work closely with all departments – research, sales, product management, software development and management – to develop press materials, product marketing materials, advertising, promotional events and conferences
- Work with product management on positioning and launch plans for new products
- Write and edit articles, press releases, advertisements, case studies, conference proposals, video scripts, award applications, event invitations, presentation decks, product handbooks and technical documents. In addition, the position involves reviewing and editing public-facing articles and presentations from other departments and company executives
- Plan and deliver all sales materials, corporate communications, website, social media, PR and events
- Manage marketing budget
- Build, manage and coach a high-performing marketing and communications team
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Environics Analytics’ products and services
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of market, regulatory and competitive issues relevant to Environics Analytics’ businesses
- Speak at company events, meetings and webinars
- Participate in marketing and industry relevant organizations to increase the visibility of EA
- Experience & Technical Skills
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Arts or Business
- 10+ years of experience in B2B marketing and/or communications, including in leadership positions
- In-depth knowledge of all typical marketing channels (offline and online) and practices (branding, direct marketing, advertising, PR, events, etc)
- Relentless in the execution of marketing and public relations plans and achieving measurable results
- Excellent copywriting and media relations skills
- Experience with marketing and communications for technical products and services required
- Strong knowledge of research, marketing analytics industry and geodemographic marketing or related businesses/users would be an asset
- Leadership - Displays passion and optimism and inspires respect and trust
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals demonstrating persistence in overcoming obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Supervisory Skills – Able to effectively train and mentor others, enabling them to set and achieve challenging goals while providing timely and accurate feedback. Able to delegate appropriately and effectively.
- Presentation Skills – Able to create and deliver informative, compelling presentations that capture and keep the audience’s attention – both in person and via Teams. Uses a strong voice, consistent eye contact, and exudes a confident presence. Observes the reactions of the audience and adjusts tone, pace, style and content to address any issues.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans and communicate changes effectively building commitment and overcoming resistance.
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively. Has a strong ability to multi-task and to organize project teams.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well and able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
- Skills Development – Demonstrates willingness and ability to continuously acquire new technical skills and adapt to emerging software development technologies and practices.
About Environics Analytics
As one of North America’s premier marketing and analytical services companies, our mission is to make people’s lives better and our clients more successful through transformative data insights and analytics.
Environics Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Queen's University - Central Human Resources
Director of Marketing
Director, Marketing, Communications and Brand Man…
Proposal Writer/Rédacteur ou rédactrice de propos…
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
Graphic Design Coordinator/Coordonnateur ou coord…
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation