Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships
- Job Category
- Sales and Business Development
- Job Type
Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships
The Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships is a seasoned fundraising professional who can engage corporations in strategic partnerships that realize a triple bottom line: financial gain, environmental sustainability, and social impact. This experienced manager knows how to coach and support other fundraisers. They establish strategies to build corporate partnerships and sustain them for the long-term. Working with the Chief Advancement Officer, Director of Development, and other Leaders at Evergreen, this Manager advances innovative fundraising activities and is involved in building projects, target setting and tracking, and performance measurement. This key Development team member manages a portfolio of leadership corporate funders and is excited to engage with the wide scope of Evergreen programming.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For more than 25 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We have worked from coast to coast with governments, neighbourhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
1. Corporate Partnership Team Strategy and Management
- Develop and execute a robust annual corporate partnership program as well as strategies and tactics to ensure sustainable, long-term engagement of partners.
- Establish fundraising targets for Corporate team and work with the Director of Development to help establish goals and metrics for the entire department.
- Analyze trends in corporate and partnership fundraising, identifying opportunities and challenges, and developing strategies to ensure that Evergreen’s plans reflect the direction and demands of the marketplace.
- Ensure a robust pipeline of prospects are moving through the fundraising cycle.
- Lead the development of compelling partnership packages in collaboration with Evergreen’s Programming and Communications and Marketing teams.
- Inform program development and design to ensure that our offerings are in line with the marketplace and speak to companies’ unique needs.
- Oversee the recruiting, training, coaching, motivation, and retention of the Partnerships team, ensuring they have a clear, common vision, and that they are well supported in their goals.
- Support the team in reaching their fundraising targets and delivering a best-in-class stewardship and engagement experience for partners.
- Ensure effective management and maximization of resources.
- Create linkages across the team and across the organization.
2. Account Management
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of leadership corporate partners.
- Lead and support the acquisition of new revenue and grow existing revenue from a combination of Canadian and international businesses by deploying innovative strategies and tactics.
- Bring forward new ideas, assess them for alignment with strategy and values, and confidently evaluate
- Work with prospective and current funders to design and renew custom partnerships that are mutually beneficial.
- Lead business development efforts to ensure we have the right level of prospects to feed the corporate pipeline. Guide the prioritization of prospects to approach. Review proposals written by the partnership team and programming staff.
- Oversee the continuous improvement and maintenance of Evergreen’s recognition program for funders and provide direction on its implementation and consistency nationally.
- Ensure corporate partners are in line with Evergreen’s corporate screening guidelines.
- Represent Evergreen at events and meetings to strengthen relationships and create awareness of our programs and position in the marketplace.
3. Planning and Reporting
- Collaborate with fellow Development Managers, the Director, and Executives in assessing and developing the organization’s strategic and financial goals, and taking part in developing team budgets.
- Contribute to the building of internal fundraising infrastructure including analytics, systems, policies and processes.
- Establish fundraising policies (where appropriate) to support partnership fundraising.
- Ensure that all partnerships are clearly and adequately documented in Raisers Edge including reporting requirements, regular communication and proposal submissions.
- Ensure the accuracy of fundraising pipeline reporting and key performance metrics.
- Provide input to reports for Senior Leadership and Board of Directors.
- Participate in annual work planning and performance evaluation process.
- Work with relevant staff on project evaluation and reporting.
4. Organizational Leadership
- Model Evergreen’s Core Values of Connection, Sustainability and Innovation
- Demonstrate and promote the importance of good internal communication
- Promote and build internal commitment to an exceptional workplace culture and organizational values
- Mentor others and take an active role in their professional development
You excel in the following areas:
- Network building. Embedded in the external landscape, prioritizing relationships with stakeholders. Bring an understanding of the marketplace into our organization’s decision making.
- Collaboration. Employ generosity of spirit when working across departments and with your team.
- Innovation. Build new opportunities. Resourceful in the face of challenges. Focused on solutions. Prioritize learning and growth.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adapt to changing priorities conditions in an agile way, responding quickly and effectively.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done. Able to delegate effectively.
- Advanced analytical/Decision Making/Project management skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of Evergreen.
- Brand ambassador. Represent the organization externally, inspiring others around our mission, vision and impact. Actions and words reflect our mission and values.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in either not-for-profit corporate fundraising or for profit sales environment, with increasing levels of seniority. Demonstrated track record of successfully soliciting, securing and maintaining partnerships greater than $75,000
- Proven experience in leading and motivating a development or sales team, with a track record of effectively developing and mentoring others
- Proven ability to build new partnerships and manage existing relationships
- Experience in site-based corporate sponsorship an asset, as is experience with a capital campaign
- Experience in other areas of fundraising an asset
- Strong communication skills. An ability to create compelling, well-written materials for a variety of audiences
- Prior experience in facilitation, partnership development, and working with diverse communities and stakeholders
- Experience using fundraising software (i.e. Raiser’s Edge) and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Meeting management skills
- Knowledge of urban sustainability and environmental issues an asset
- Program development experience an asset
- Management experience an asset
- Supervised by: Director of Development
- Acts as HR Manager for Senior Accounts Manager, Corporate Partnerships
- Position is usually based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto. However, due to COVID 19 pandemic this position will be working remotely and on site as needed.
- Regular office hours (flexible), with occasional evenings and weekends required in times of heavy deadlines or to attend special events, following public health guidelines
- It is expected that a minimum of 30% of this person’s time will be spent cultivating and soliciting prospective funders (in person or virtually).
Terms of contract: Permanent, full time.
Application close date: February 26, 2021
Similar searches: Sales and Business Development
More search results
Coordonnateur marketing, Montréal
Conseiller(ère) - Stratégie de contact / Advisor,…
Conseiller, mise en marché et marketing relationn…
Téléopérateur (Faire du télémarketing) - Travail …
Soutien, Présentations Marketing, Montréal