National Director, Marketing and Communications
National Director, Marketing and Communications
JDRF is the largest non-profit organization in the world that is exclusively focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D). At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of type 1 diabetes (T1D) from people’s lives and funding research into cures is our #1 priority. While we wait for cures, we also fund ground-breaking research that seeks to improve the lives of people with T1D.
If you are looking to make a substantial impact in the lives of the more than 300,000 Canadians living with T1D, now is the time to join our team at JDRF.
Are you resilient, strategic and ready for a challenge? We’re searching for an experienced leader for the role of National Director, Marketing and Communications. Your next exciting opportunity could be with JDRF if the following describes you:
- You are a leader with a strong client-focused attitude.
- You think strategically about marketing communications but also understand how to build a team and oversee its operations.
- You love to stay on top of digital trends and have deep experience in building digital marketing strategies.
- You enjoy supporting the development and growth of the teams you lead.
- You are ready to join a growing organization that is making a major impact on the lives of people across the country.
Does the above resonate with you? As the National Director, Marketing and Communications, you would have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Providing leadership to a team of marketing communications professionals in providing service across the organization.
- Leading the operations of the marketing communications team, including meeting deadlines, workflow, approvals and accurate content.
- Developing and implementing an integrated national bilingual marketing and communications plan to advance JDRF’s brand identity, broaden and increase the visibility of its programs and build a strong public voice, ensuring that the plan resonates and is meaningful to markets across Canada.
- Collaborating across JDRF to develop and implement marketing communications initiatives to support national core fundraising, major gifts, regional fundraising, government relations and advocacy, community engagement and corporate partnerships.
- Creating and executing innovative marketing and public relations strategies, incorporating both traditional and social media.
- Identifying challenges and emerging issues and working with JDRF’s leadership team and colleagues to develop and deliver appropriate messages and communications strategies.
- Developing a comprehensive digital presence by defining JDRF’s digital marketing strategy, including all paid and organic social content, e-communications, website strategy, content development, digital fundraising strategy and implementation.
- Designing, developing and implementing effective digital campaigns across all digital platforms to meet departmental and organizational objectives of driving awareness, engagement, conversions and revenue growth.
- Ongoing management of the website, in English and French, with respect to content and user experience and oversee the development and execution of an optimization strategy that includes strategic content development and a focus on SEO/SEM to improve search rankings.
- Collaborating closely with JDRF International marketing teams, leveraging the work being done around the globe and ensuring JDRF Canada’s brand is aligned.
- Identifying and managing top vendor relationships to ensure JDRF’s marketing communications efforts are supported and met.
- Reviewing and approving all communications materials to ensure that JDRF’s voice is consistent and used appropriately with target audiences.
- Providing ongoing evaluation of marketing communications metrics, continually leveraging data to improve results (i.e. Google Analytics, Media impressions, social media engagement, etc.).
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you bring the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University or College degree in Marketing or Communications and 8 - 10 years of proven experience in marketing communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years experience leading a team; experience in the non-profit/charity sector would be an asset
- Broad knowledge, experience and skill in marketing and communications with an emphasis on digital marketing, brand management, strategic communications, problem solving, and team-building
- Proven strategic planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to diagnose opportunities and propose solutions that meet JDRF’s overall needs
- Ability to sell ideas and concepts
- Attention to detail while also having the ability to see the “big picture”
- Self-motivated, personable and service-oriented
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to successfully interact with external vendors and staff within the organization; French communication skills would be an asset
Why choose JDRF?
We offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development, flexible working arrangements. We also offer a dynamic and positive working environment built on the core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability.
Submit your resume and cover letter for consideration today! This position will remain posted until filled.
JDRF strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. JDRF is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Coordonnateur marketing, Montréal
Conseiller(ère) - Stratégie de contact / Advisor,…
Conseiller, mise en marché et marketing relationn…
Téléopérateur (Faire du télémarketing) - Travail …
Soutien, Présentations Marketing, Montréal