Content Marketing Manager
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Do you want to work in an engaging and innovative work environment? Do you want to grow your career at a top tier law firm working with a dynamic and fast-paced team? Then look no further! Osler is currently recruiting for the newly created position of Content Marketing Manager.
Working closely with Business Development leads and legal professionals, the successful candidate will manage the marketing content lifecycle from ideation and creation through to approvals, distribution, measurement and maintenance. The Content Marketing Manager will manage our writing/editing team, collaborate with our broader marketing and pitch teams to leverage existing content and author content using their personal creative writing ability to author content.
- Develop and execute a content strategy around strategic business goals utilizing multi-channel marketing.
- Source content ideas and identify and fill the gap between what we are saying and what we should be saying to connect with the needs of our clients and prospects. Understand our key business objectives to help shape the dialogue.
- Provide creative writing services to create engaging customer-centric content either by writing directly, or working with our internal writers, or when needed due to high demand, hire, brief and manage freelance writers.
- Coach and lead two direct reports, fostering a collaborative, engaging and high-performance environment
- Ability to create, package and distribute thought leadership content in various formats across channels, using best practices, new strategies and actionable insights.
- Leverage data to understand how our audiences consume our content and make recommendations to key stakeholders and adapt accordingly.
- Ensure high-quality writing that adheres to Osler’s writing style guidelines and maintains a consistent brand voice, while bringing forward new and innovative ideas.
Education and Experience
This position requires a university or college diploma (preferably in marketing, communications or journalism), plus a minimum of five years of strategic experience, ideally in the legal or professional services industry, coupled with a minimum 2 years in a supervisory capacity. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills
- Extremely well organized with superb attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills along with an ability to package content
- Highly adaptable and collaborative. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with high stakeholder involvement.
- B2B writing experience. Experience in professional services is an asset.
- Proven project management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to manage and deliver multiple projects
- Knowledge of SEO, web and social media analytics
- Discretion and a strong client service orientation are essential.
- Proficient in MS Office
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please apply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Similar searches: Legal