Digital Marketing Specialist
Reporting to the Creative Services Manager, the Digital Marketing Specialist is a member of the Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation Marketing and Communications team.
The Digital Marketing Specialist has the overall responsibility for coordinating The Foundation’s day-to-day social media interactions and growing our overall digital presence, managing our email marketing, developing and implementing our digital advertising strategy, updating our website and supporting the Creative Services Manager with graphic design.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
(1) Social Media Innovation:
• Leverage data and analytics to develop ongoing strategies to increase and engage our social media base
• Propose creative ideas and solutions to ensure we are constantly innovating in the social space
• Manage Facebook Fundraising (and any other social based fundraising)
• Explore ways in which to facilitate conversion (and monetize engagement)
(2) Day-to-Day Community Management:
• Establish and manage social media calendar
• Monitor, respond to and engage with our online communities
• Perform day-to-day logistics for our social media sites and monitor/report on successes and trends, including insights and updates
• Engage, as appropriate, with our corporate partners’ and cause partners’ social media sites and support our signature events online
• Support Children’s Miracle Network/Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations and Cause Marketing partners from a social media and digital presence
• Complete monthly reports, develop insights and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
(3) Email Marketing:
• Manage all email marketing initiatives, track relevant metrics and use insights to inform overall efforts
• Creation of Templates and Funnels
• List management and donor insights
(4) Digital content creation and Digital Advertising
• Research, write and design content for our social media sites, website (Webflow) and some of our emails and newsletters, in collaboration with others on the Marketing and Communications Team
• Use search engine optimization techniques to enhance content and website metrics
• Keep up with digital marketing trends
• Contribute to the development of online advertising specifically engineered to drive traffic to social sites for donations and event registrations
• Plan and execute digital advertising and remarketing programs (including but not limited Facebook, Google and other platforms)
• Manage Google Ads grant program and perform weekly monitoring
• Manage content for digital screens both HHSF owned and HHS managed
• Work with Corporate Services Team to enhance design and effectiveness of Team Raiser/Luminate platform
(5) Graphic Design Support and Management:
• Create content and design for all social media including developing and maintaining the social media calendar
• Provide design support as required
• Produce and maintain templates for commonly requested items
• Adhere to The Foundation’s brand identity guidelines and style guide
The Ideal Candidate:
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, self-motivated and goal-oriented
• Demonstrate a passion and commitment to excellence while managing multiple priorities
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing, social media and design
• Solid project management skills with good organizational skills
• Demonstrate effective communication (both verbal and written) interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Ability to set priorities, demonstrate a positive attitude, troubleshoot, and problem solve independently using sound judgment
• Enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic organization with the ability to relate to a variety of personality and communication styles
• Proficient in computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Adobe Creative Cloud design programs (for PC)
• Relationship-building, collaboration and customer service skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience with Social Media platforms including advertising and analytics such as Sprout Social, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, Google Ads and their effective use
• Experience with email marketing systems such as Mailchimp and Luminate
Experience / Education
Post-secondary education, either university or college and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in social media management and graphic design.
This position is based in Hamilton, Ontario. Based on the nature of The Foundation’s activities, occasional evening and weekend work will be required, and visits to our hospital sites are occasionally required. This position reports to the Creative Services Manager.
Currently, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, HHSF staff are working remotely. Ultimately, when it is safe to do so, our goal is to work out of the HHSF offices, located in downtown Hamilton.
About Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation:
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care. We inspire and motivate gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
As a registered charitable organization, we proudly support patients and families across south-central Ontario, and from outside the region, who receive specialized care at Hamilton Health Sciences including Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, and St. Peter’s Hospital. The associated programs at the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, McMaster University Medical Centre and Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre are also included.
HHSF is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application process, please contact Naoka Feth (905.521.2100 x 44249 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise Naoka Feth when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
Please respond by Feb 5, 2021 with a copy of your resume, salary expectations (mandatory) and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Please note: while we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.
Similar searches: Technology and Digital Media
More search results
Marketing & Communications Manager
Food & Beverage Manitoba
Digital Marketing Specialist
Ducks Unlimited Canada
PPC & Paid Social Marketing Specialist
Intrigue Media Solutions Inc.
Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
Ducks Unlimited Canada
British Columbia Institute of Technology - 360570