- STEPS Public Art
- Toronto, considering applicants from across Canada
- Compensation package inc. salary & group benefits
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications, New Media/Creative Arts/Writers, Technology and Digital Media
- Job Type
WHO WE ARE:
STEPS fosters dynamic, inclusive and resilient communities through public art, community-engaged design and creative placemaking. We are a small but mighty team of creative entrepreneurial innovators. We attract high-performing, highly ethical employees who truly care about their community. Our team works well together because we hold ourselves accountable to strong project management and complement one another’s strengths. STEPS is a Canada Revenue Agency registered charity that provides professional public art and placemaking services, as well as support for artists. Our open-concept office along Toronto’s Waterfront has natural light and ample room for physical distancing. We have a flexible working arrangement policy that includes remote working options for staff. For more information visit: www.stepspublicart.org
We are seeking a creative, energetic, and organized team player with a passion for forging new partnerships, amplifying the work of Canadian artists, and engaging people in public art experiences. Using STEPS communications framework, brand guidelines, and organizational strategies, the Engagement Coordinator will be able to work with our team to gather program information and pull communications together with a distinctive and consistent, professional voice and look for STEPS. By producing and disseminating compelling content on our many communications channels, the Engagement Coordinator will position STEPS as a thought-leader that encourages collaboration, partnership, and exchange. For the immediate future, this will be a remote-work position so we are open to accepting applications from anywhere in Canada. This is a one-year full-time contract position, with the possibility of renewal and salary commensurate with experience. Following a probationary period, this position is eligible for group benefits (including health, dental, and limited life policies).
- research, develop and implement communications and marketing strategies across the organization, including those targeted at niche markets to diversify audiences.
- manage communications calendar, including collecting audio-visual/testimonial content to facilitate cross-promoted campaigns with partners
- develop clear communication and documentation guidelines for collaborators/documentarians
- identify existing visual content and create original material to foster a dynamic online community, and provide customer service by managing social media platforms (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) to increase followers, and brand profile
- develop digital paid advertising campaigns leveraging Facebook Ads and Google Adwords for ongoing services as well as targeted program or fundraising campaigns
- design communications tools (e.g. postcards, business cards, presentations, reports)
- ensure professional brand and high-quality visual identity across all channels consistent with brand guidelines and aesthetic
- identify public appearance and knowledge-sharing opportunities for the organization.
- build relationships with journalists, bloggers, and client audiences to advance our mandate
- develop and disseminate public relations materials through targeted outreach
- update and maintain the functionality of the website, including copy and audio-visual content following AODA guidelines.
- curate monthly organizational newsletter content disseminated through Mailchimp
- track and review engagement analytics, including social media, digital, email marketing, media, program registrations to inform quarterly updates and marketing strategy
- develop and steward relationships with organizational stakeholders online
- support sponsorship activation and fulfillment as well as collaborate on funder reports
- leveraging online and traditional marketing to connect with agency leads
- maintaining up-to-date artist/partner collateral for internal artist roster and ongoing programming (e.g. sample artwork, biographies, contact information)
- facilitate collaborator evaluation activities to extract testimonials, impact metrics, and lessons learned to inform promotional tools and to strengthen organizational processes/content
- represent the organization at meetings and public events to promote programs
- support the recruitment and onboarding of support staff, seasonal staff, artistic mentees, and placement students to their roles in service of the above duties.
WHO YOU ARE:
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about the role of the arts and artists in building vibrant inclusive communities. You will be creative, proactive, observant, well organized, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You must be a skilled writer who has a knack for story-telling and can customize our messaging for different audiences and platforms. You are a social media whiz with a strong sense of design. You have some knowledge of both the arts and urban issues and have an interest in forging partnerships across industries. You love brainstorming, problem-solving, and connecting with people. You’re often told by coworkers that they know something will get done if it gets passed to you, and you are not afraid to ask for support or clarification if needed. You have experience jumping in and helping to put processes in place that make an improvement on what has been built while being respectful of the work that has come before. You relish making sense of things, executing logistics, anticipating problems, and fixing them. You’re good at keeping information confidential. You thrive on each day being different and presenting new opportunities and challenges. You must be able to work independently, remotely, and be a collaborative team player. If you are organized, not easy to overwhelm, and you have a positive attitude that makes people want to be your teammate, we are looking forward to meeting you!
STEPS encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, age, class, gender, race, and sexual orientation. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from equity-seeking communities, including those who identify as Black, Indigenous, or racialized persons.
WE THINK IT'S IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Strong project coordination skills, honed through 3+ years of relevant communications, marketing, or public relations experience. Including the ability to organize workflow, delegate tasks, manage partner expectations, meet deadlines and budgets
- Motivation and discipline as a self-starter, community builder, and cultural enthusiast, who can passionately communicate the value of public art to diverse audiences
- A talent for writing clear, concise copy for multiple audiences, leveraging different platforms to increase brand awareness
- Demonstrated experience managing and creating content for social media with a streamlined approach
- Strong design skills and competence in graphic design software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Canva, or other platforms. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects would be an additional asset.
- Competence with WordPress, Google Adwords, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Analytics & SEO
- Knowledge of CRMs and experience producing membership or similar newsletters
- Passion and knowledge of the Canadian arts and culture sector
- The thirst to be a team player who is independently resourceful in a fast-paced organization and recognizes that a degree of chaos is required for innovation to take place. Each day will be different, demand flexibility, comfort with ambiguity, and require flexing a diverse range of skills
- An adaptable facilitator, comfortable fostering a collaborative environment among program teams and stakeholders, who sometimes have divergent interests
- Excitement for bringing personal creativity and experimentation to a startup environment, including ensuring efficient processes and scaling programmatic impact
- Self-motivated, with the capacity to work independently under minimal supervision to accomplish high-profile tasks, as well as meet multiple and concurrent deadlines
- Experience and interest in working with intergenerational participants, including youth and seniors
- Good judgment and discretion in relation to community and stakeholder relations
- Familiarity with modern outreach and communication strategies, including comfort with various social media platforms and public relations approaches
- Ability to develop both in-person and online outreach strategies and communications tools to meet the needs of diverse audiences
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders, including equity-seeking groups and familiarity with equity frameworks
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency in both PC and Mac operating systems, MS Office, Google Drive, and Zoom
- Fluency in French will be considered a strong asset
We invite qualified applicants to apply via this online portal by no later than Thursday, January 28, 2021, 11:59 pm Pacific Time. Applications will not be accepted by email. This is a multi-stage interview process that will make use of videoconferencing and respect public health guidelines. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we can only communicate with those shortlisted for an interview. For the immediate future, this will be a remote-work position so we are open to accepting applications from anywhere in Canada.
More search results
Manager, Communications and Marketing
Let's Talk Science
Vice President, Advancement and External Relations
Memorial University of Newfoundland
External Communications Manager
Full Time Manager, Marketing Communications
The Salvation Army Ontario Divisional Headquarters
Director, Marketing and Communications