Parkland is an independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. We’re helping communities stay on the move and our team members serve retail, commercial, and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region and the Americas. Our purpose as Parklanders is to energize people and businesses to get them where they want to go. We’re a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster.
Position Title: Marketing Specialist
Team and Location: Calgary, AB
Come grow with us!
As the Strategic Marketing and Innovation team continue its work around a transformative journey within the Parkland retail network seeking for more opportunities to let data, customers insights & digital innovation drive our decision, we are seeking for a new individual to join our team and help us build trusted & valuable brands – including highly recognized Ultramar, Chevron & On The Run - across all the markets we operate into.
As a Marketing Specialist, you’ll play an instrumental role in the execution of all activities around Parkland’s promotional programs, including promotional activities part of JOURNIE Rewards as, Parkland’s very own loyalty program. Particularly, He/She will:
- Work with various internal and external stakeholders in the planning process to ensure lead time, resources, channel support availability and program functionality;
- Work on the briefing, development, and the delivery of marketing assets to assigned partners;
- Ensure all creative assets are supplied, built to spec, on schedule, within budget, and comply with legal and brand standards (Parkland & Partners);
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing Managers (Canada, USA, Caribbean), Program Managers and Operation group to ensure visibility of available promotional programs & initiatives.
The successful candidate will seek for new ways to add value, consistently meeting and exceeding day-to-day needs of the diverse existing programs & promotions by ensuring all projects are completed on time, on budget and, with positive impact on the business.
- Planning of marketing initiatives that align with business objectives and drives demand for products, services and solutions
- Execute marketing campaigns via all forms of media, including but not limited to print, digital, online, email, social media, radio, video, etc.
- Work with the integrated Marketing team, external agencies and vendors in the development and execution for all marketing materials and events
- Manage projects across functional teams (i.e sales/merchandising, operations, legal, IT, finance, etc.) to facilitate implementation of marketing campaigns
- Manage multiple campaigns, including work back schedules, quotes, and budgets within defined approval process to ensure on time and on budget execution; report on overall results with emphasis on ROI
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing role in retail, loyalty, advertising agency and/or similar industry
- Ability to easily build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Knowledge of digital marketing including email marketing, SEO, social media and content management
- Excellent communication, strong analytics & problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs
- Verbal and written fluency in English and French required
- A safety focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- Flexible medical and dental packages, a Health Care Spending Account, along with a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland Fuel Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Fuel Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications