Do you pride yourself on making a difference in the lives of others? Are you passionate about animals and animal welfare? The Oakville & Milton Humane Society is a registered charity that is committed to protecting and caring for animals.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team! Are you a creative, big thinker who is up for a challenge? Does the idea of building something from scratch appeal to you? We have an opportunity for a Marketing & Communications Manager to work in our fast-paced, exciting, and growing organization.
This role is responsible for the planning, executing, and measuring of impactful marketing/communication strategies that support the fund development initiatives that drive revenue generation for the organization. This role will facilitate cross functional planning strategies to develop and successfully execute marketing campaigns and experiences that drive community engagement and support OMHS’s strategic priorities. Establishing new and fostering existing relationships will be crucial.
The Manager will be responsible for supporting the programs/services offered to the community by developing innovative ways to engage and inform our constituents and clients. Developing and leading the organizations digital and social media strategy along with the creation of marketing collateral to meet the organizations needs will be critical to the success of the department.
Other responsibilities include; developing the organizations newsletter, serving as a Society spokesperson and managing media relations, and oversight of the Marketing & Communication strategy and budget. A great attitude is a must, as is the ability to be flexible and change direction at a moment’s notice.
The ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside the group is essential.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the development and execution of marketing/public relations
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Public Relations
- Expert level of efficiency with Microsoft Office and online software applications
- Experience with budget management
- Experience setting the strategy and plans for digital and social media platforms
- Must be reliable and flexible with the ability to work evenings and weekends as needs; overtime as required
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data
- Demonstrated written & oral communication/interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Flexible and adaptable approach to changing situations
- A demonstrated compassion towards people as well as animals
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter with resume to;
- execcareers no later than February 26, 2019.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility:
OMHS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including men, women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and Aboriginal peoples.
OMHS is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Executive Director in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining OMHS. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for an interview and thank you for your understanding.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Marketing Brand Specialist
Sales & Marketing Associate
Digital Marketing Manager
Marketing Service Manager
Pink Elephant - Knowledge Translated Into Result
The Creative Group