Associate Director, Marketing & Communications
We are the fundraising partner of BC Cancer. Every dollar we raise stays right here at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of B.C.
At the BC Cancer Foundation we believe that with your help BC CAN make a difference in the lives of all British Columbians. We know that one in two people in our province will face cancer in their lifetime and we’re igniting progress to break down cancer, piece by piece, in the labs and clinics.
We are actively working with our 100,000 donors and communities across B.C. to inspire investment in BC Cancer and our provincial teams of world-leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
Together, BC CAN break down cancer.
We are looking for a Marketing and Communications expert whose experience and ambition will help take BC Cancer Foundation’s brand and campaigns to the next level. You are equal parts strategist, creative, people leader who is open to hands-on tactical work to make it all happen. You are experienced in brand strategy, marketing campaign development and media relations. Your career is on a growth trajectory and you are experienced in leading people and projects to success. You are curious with an insatiable appetite to soak up new information to become a resident content expert. You care about making a difference in the lives of people facing cancer.
The campaigns and activity you create at the BC Cancer Foundation will not only connect people to our cause and our brand, it will inspire people to give generously to help break down cancer and save lives. To thrive at the BC Cancer Foundation, you are an expert in marketing/PR/brand, creative, cause-driven, nimble, comfortable challenging the status quo and have a natural affinity to health and science.
You will play a leadership role within the lean, high output marketing and communications team at the BC Cancer Foundation where our sights are always set on the brand promise of Changing the Outcome.
Reporting to the senior director, marketing & communications, you manage people, creative and content strategy. Specifically, you will:
- Lead marketing campaign development for key fundraising priorities; ideation, production, implementation
- Manage, coach and support the development and growth of a team of marketing & communications specialists
- Manage paid and in-kind advertising for Workout to Conquer Cancer, Lose the Booze, Cypress Challenge: timelines, production, delivery to media
- Develop content and earned media strategies to lift fundraising priorities
- Develop campaigns and strategies to drive new market and revenue growth
- Responsible for in-centre (BC Cancer’s six care centres) marketing: ideation, production, implementation
- Responsible for marketing collateral development spanning print, digital, on-event
- Keep projects on deadline, lead brainstorming sessions, conceptualize ideas
- Ideate and write compelling content for marketing and PR
- Support brand strategy across all areas of Foundation’s business
- Build profile of BC Cancer Foundation CEO, which may include speaking note development and presentation strategy
You’re a conceptual thinker with the ability to communicate and lead a team or project from idea to completion. You are an experienced professional who has worked in a creative agency leading brand and campaign development with experience in public relations activity. This role will work closely with world leading scientists and doctors to ideate, implement and manage go-to-market campaigns and programs that build brand, inspire donors and reach new markets.
This role requires strong people, persuasion and navigation skills to effectively devise creative approaches to meet our fundraising objectives. Your qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, or Communications or comparable
- Minimum 5-7 years in a creative or people leadership role
- Experienced in conceptualizing campaigns and content creation
- A superb communicator in expressing concepts and ideas
- A team player who thrives in cross-functional work environments
- Experience working in a project-based team environment
- Experience balancing multiple projects and tight deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
If this position is of interest to you, please apply online at bccancerfoundation.com/careers for posting number 2320008.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Community Liaison-Apprentice Services
Compass Group Canada
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing and Events Manager
The Creative Group
Marketing Development Manager - Vancouver