DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (MARKETING)
POSITION CODE: 2019-038
LOCATION: The Globe and Mail, Toronto
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Globe and Mail is looking for a full-time Digital Marketing Manager to develop, implement and manage digital marketing campaigns to drive engagement and reach of Globe Events, editorial content and brand. This role requires a brand publisher mindset to create content that speaks to our target audience and optimize the path to conversion. The successful candidate will be a seasoned digital content marketer with proven experience leveraging social (paid and organic), inbound and outbound marketing, SEO and SEM to drive website traffic and acquire leads and customers. This person is an excellent marketing copywriter who can balance strategy and planning with execution. They thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, enjoy working across departments and with external stakeholders, and is determined to leave no stone unturned in their quest for success. This role reports to the Director of Marketing.
As a subject matter expert in digital marketing, you’ll work closely with the Globe Events team and a brand Product Marketing Manager to create and execute multi-channel brand campaigns that drive measureable results. At least half your time will be spent supporting The Globe Events business, creating and executing a digital content marketing strategy to fill the sales pipeline and achieve maximum reach and engagement with Globe Events content. A strong marketing foundation will aid you in communicating the unique selling proposition of each event, identifying the target audience, and devising email, social and website content that will convert that audience. The remainder of your time will be spent supporting the Globe and Mail brand and core content pillars with a focus on expanding the reach of our brand campaigns and initiatives outside of our current audience.
You will also:
- Liaise with Event sponsors to create and execute social media strategies, for pre-event and live event promotion to drive maximum reach and engagement with event content, speakers and brands.
- Manage The Globe Events social accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, maintaining an always-on organic content strategy.
- Drive our email content marketing strategy for Globe Events with a focus on sales conversion and building a robust and responsive email database.
- Develop and manage paid social media advertising campaigns to support Globe Events and/or Globe brand, editorial features or b2b products.
- Provide SME support for our product marketing manager to support The Globe brand, core product launches and editorial initiatives.
- Uphold and ensure corporate brand standards on all marketing creative.
- Ensure adherence to The Globe’s privacy and CASL policies.
- University degree with preference for candidates with a Marketing degree.
- Excellent copy writing skills for a variety of digital platforms.
- Proven social media management experience within an agency or content marketing environment.
- Proven email marketing campaign management experience with knowledge of full-funnel and drip campaigns, personalization and segmentation.
- Must be able to move between strategy and execution with a high willingness to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to take ownership of the role and effectively drive results through collaboration in a busy, demanding work environment.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL INC. IS DEDICATED TO EQUITY IN THE WORKPLACE
At The Globe and Mail, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Marketing Communications Manager
Oakville & Milton Humane Society
Marketing Brand Specialist
Sales & Marketing Associate
Digital Marketing Manager
Experienced Digital Media Coordinator
Stikeman Elliott LLP