Director, Digital Design & Production
- Sinai Health Foundation
- Downtown Toronto-currently remote due to COVID-19
- Competitive based on experience.
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
Director – Digital Design & Production – Sinai Health Foundation
As one of Canada’s pre-eminent patient care, research and academic health science centres, Sinai Health System (“SHS”) has a well-earned reputation for excellence in the community, across Canada and internationally, and is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Health Complex, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care and the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute – from healthy beginnings to healthy aging. These organizations have come together to combine acute care, rehabilitation and complex care, home care, and other community-based services, fueled by world-class research.
Sinai Health Foundation (“SHF”/“the Foundation”) raises and stewards funds to support patient care, world-leading research and innovative education at SHS, developing collaborative, long-term relationships across the community. The generous support of donors fuels everything SHS does from seamless care to scientific discovery. SHF provides funding essential for hospital equipment, program innovation, patient and healthcare professional education, capital additions and improvements, and research, improving the quality of life for patients, and advancing medical sciences globally.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society. We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles. We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
Sinai Health Foundation is looking for a full-time Director, Digital Design & Production to lead their design and content team. The Director, Digital Design & Production will work in collaboration with the Vice President, Brand Strategy & Marketing to establish the overall creative strategies and production services, and drive alignment of them within the organizational strategy to deliver highly-impactful marketing materials to elevate awareness and fundraising success.
The ideal candidate will bring the following competencies and experiences:
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience designing digital products and a full suite of design services (agency or digital production background working with or in large complex organizations is preferred).
- Solid academic background in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, Communication Arts Design or Digital Arts Design or commensurate work experience required.
- Fluency with design software for the creation of visual design artifacts and presentations.
- Working knowledge and experience with interactive design and human factors, user-centered experience design and the CX/UX process.
- Strong knowledge of accessible and inclusive design concepts and guidelines.
- Demonstrated visual skill in producing visual concepts, mock-ups, icons and other assets.
- Strong design foundation including adept use of grids, typography, colour harmony, imagery, etc.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and browser capabilities preferred.
- Excellent client presentation skills to successfully articulate design concepts to internal teams and stakeholders to generate buy-in.
- A strong digital mindset enabling the ability to turn ideas into compelling and unique creative applications.
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to technical and business teams with passion and diplomacy.
- Experience creating responsive designs as well as designs for mobile apps, touch-screen devices and other emerging technologies preferred.
- Experience with system design a plus.
- Experience leading a high-performing, integrated design and content team.
- Professional aligned with Sinai Health Foundation’s five values: collaboration, flexibility, fun, respect and trust.
- Successful completion of a university degree in a relevant field from an accredited educational institution.
A detailed position profile is available upon request. Siegel Executive Search Solutions Inc., member of the Executive Search Alliance is advising the Sinai Health Foundation on the basis of an exclusive consulting assignment. Interested applicants may explore this opportunity in confidence by submitting a resume to email@example.com as soon as possible and no later than December 28, 2020. Please note the position and company name in the subject line. The publication of this advertisement is neither an assurance that an applicant will be hired, nor that the position will be held open for any specific period of time in the event that a suitable candidate for the position is identified at an earlier date.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications