At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
Ryerson University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
As an employer, we are working towards a people first culture and are proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and a Greater Toronto’s Top Employer for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. To learn more about our work environment, colleagues, leaders, students and innovative educational environment, visit www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS)
At FEAS, we immerse ourselves in the economic, social and technological communities we serve. As they evolve, we shift to meet their needs, leveraging our strengths and generating novel solutions. It is our mission to be a leader in Canada, where highly-skilled, adaptable students and researchers develop as people and professionals and work together for one purpose: to improve quality of life around the world.
FEAS has close to 5,000 undergraduate students enrolled in nine programs; over 800 graduate students in ten master’s and seven doctoral programs; and over 150 faculty members. In 2018, FEAS was recognized by US News & World Report as 5th in Canada for engineering research citation impact.
FEAS is building an exciting cross-functional team to meet the evolving needs of our stakeholders within the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS). The team will create and optimize content, bringing agility and creativity to marketing messages and initiatives that will drive FEAS goals and objectives. FEAS is looking for an individual that can work both collaboratively and autonomously with ease. The position will be work-from-home to start, supported by digital resources and an exemplary team, but is fully expected to transition to in-office once campus reopens.
The Manager, Design Effectiveness will collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders to develop inspiring and effective digital, social media and print collateral marketing plans for FEAS. They will lead website development, digital and social strategies and user experience (UX) / user journeys. The successful candidate will provide strategic and creative solutions that enhance FEAS’s image, brand and reputation while driving measurable results. As a creative leader with a passion for inclusive design, the successful candidate will be encouraged to challenge conceptual ideas for projects with the goal of developing ambitious, impactful, and integrated communications across various channels and mediums.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in Design, Marketing or a related field and a minimum 5 years' experience in web development / management (UX/IA), social media growth (organic and paid), digital marketing/advertising (including SEO, SEM/ PPC/ SMM, lead generation, content marketing, marketing automation/email marketing/drip campaigns), digital KPIs /analytics, media buying, creative asset creation within an agency are required.
- Demonstrated fluency in translating the brand and project goals into creative concepts that are delivered on time and within budget.
- Proven experience building content governance models based on best practices while overseeing asset production.
- Demonstrated success in building strong working relationships across institutional boundaries and building partnerships across various functions.
- Minimum 3 years’ managerial experience with direct reports.
- Effectively managed a variety of digital campaigns with a minimum range of $50k-200k.
- Proven direct experience in design thinking, design theory, colour theory, illustration, research skills; print knowledge, knowledge of all design and web application software. Proven expertise in both Mac OS and PC environments, with a solid foundation in HTML, user interface (UI/UX), design (Adobe CC), social media, Google Analytics and reporting dashboards.
- Proven supervisory knowledge of CRM (Salesforce) and project management tools (Asana).
- Proven success in managing multiple initiatives/projects concurrently while meeting changing requirements/priorities to accomplish objectives. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage several projects and deadlines at once.
- Ability to synthesize results of analyses, develop and make recommendations and presents results to solve unique and complex problems. Ability to translate complex technical information into consumer-friendly designs / assets that drives action. Demonstration success in market research when providing concepts, recommendations and solutions.
Position Number(s) 20002808
Reports ToDirector, Marketing and Communications
End Date2 years from start date
Hours of Work 36.25
Grade and StepC42
Salary Scale Min$65,391; Mid $84,923; Max $104,455
Please apply with your cover letter and resume in 1 file. Please ensure it also includes link to your online portfolio.
Qualified MAC employees will be considered before members of other employee groups.
Candidates may be asked to complete occupational testing as a first step in the screening process before a face-to-face interview is granted. Candidates must have demonstrated a record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
We encourage all First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples or Indigenous peoples of North America, to self-identify in their applications and also reach out to Tracey King, Aboriginal HR Consultant for support during the selection process.
Important Notice Re: Job Postings during COVID-19
While we are committed to ensuring the best possible experience for all applicants, due to the situation regarding COVID-19, please be advised that Ryerson University ("Ryerson") reserves the right to pause a job competition at any stage in the process. Applicants will be notified in the event that the job competition process in which they are participating is suspended or paused. We appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented times. Thank you for your interest in Ryerson University.
We encourage all First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples or Indigenous peoples of North America, to self-identify in their applications and also reach out to Tracey King, Indigenous Human Resources Lead for support during the selection process.
Applications will only be accepted online through Ryerson's careersite.
Please watch a message from Ryerson's Vice President, Equity and Community Inclusion for more information on our commitment to equity.
Similar searches: Technology and Digital Media
More search results
Manager, Marketing Programs
Saskatchewan Governement Insurance
Vice President, Strategic Marketing & Development…
Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) / Conservation de la Nature (CNC)
Public Relations Coordinator (maternity leave con…
Vice President, Marketing & Customer Service
Alberta Blue Cross