Public Relations Coordinator (maternity leave contract)
Who is Keilhauer?
Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a privately owned, design focused contract furniture manufacturer. Keilhauer manufacturers seating and tables for all the different ways that people work. Keilhauer products are thoughtfully made to support communications and engagement in spaces such as meeting rooms, offices, collaboration areas, lobbies and lunchrooms. Working with world-renowned furniture designers, Keilhauer is internationally recognized for award-winning design, built with extreme craftsmanship, to the highest environmental standards.
The Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for communicating company programs, events and new product/service releases to consumers and internal employees in order to enhance the corporate image and brand. This dynamic position will work closely with internal marketing, digital, product development teams and agency partners.
Excellent communication, relationship-building skills and problem solving abilities are critical in this role, as you will interface with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of the organization. You understand the voice of the customer and Keilhauer, and work hard to ensure satisfaction.
1. Supports Marketing Brand & Initiatives for Keilhauer
- Assists in the development of holistic product launch campaigns, through the lens of PR tactics;
- Executes PR campaigns and media relations strategies;
- Maintains media materials including fact sheets, press releases, pitches, award submissions and visual assets;
- Creates copywriting for digital, marketing and internal reports as required;
- Maintains PR contact lists, media lists and provides proactive and reactive services to media;
- Research editorial opportunities and manage media kit files.
2. Marketing operations
- Increases company prestige through researching and applying for industry-related awards;
- Maintains and manages corporate memberships in industry associations;
- Manages and archives magazine library;
- Sources installation photography;
- Assists in the invoicing and payment processing of PR campaigns or events;
- Actively measures PR campaign performance through quarterly, annual and post-program reviews.
- Previous Public Relations/Agency experience is an asset; background in researching, writing and editing an asset;
- Post-secondary diploma in Public Relations, Business Marketing, Communications or a related field;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Basic knowledge and experience using Adobe Photoshop; experience using Hootsuite and Sysomos an asset.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND INTELLECTUAL REQUIREMENTS
- Communication: Must be able to interact professionally, communicate effectively and exchange information accurately with colleagues and external stakeholders through email, phone communications and face-to-face contact; employee is frequently required to talk or hear; must be able to present information to executives, public groups and customers; must have superior interpersonal, written and verbal skills; must be well-versed in proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and composition.
- Mobility: Must be able to sit/stand at a computer terminal for extended periods of time; may be required to go to various locations, both within the organization and offsite; some reaching for items above and below desk level; some reaching, bending, squatting and stooping to access files.
- Manual Dexterity & Coordination: Must have the strength, dexterity and coordination to regularly use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and phone; may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; requires dexterity and coordination to manipulate, feel or reach with hands and arms to handle Keilhauer product.
- Vision: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, colour vision and depth perception and the ability to focus.
- Cognitive Ability: Must be a conceptual thinker and creative problem solver; must have excellent organizational skills, problem solving and decision-making abilities; must have a solid understanding of design concepts; must be able to understand the voice of the customer; must be proactive and goal focused; must self-manage time and workflow to complete tasks in a timely manner and meet deadlines; must be accurate and detail oriented; must be able to act responsibly, discreetly and ethically and maintain strict confidentiality.
Most of your duties will be fulfilled with the use of a computer and office equipment, with communications taking place by phone, email or in person. Some functions of your role may be conducted in the manufacturing facility, where you may be exposed to dust particulates and noise.
- This position requires long periods of focused reading and typing, as well as frequent, dynamic interaction through face-to-face contact, email and phone communications;
- Must possess the ability to influence others without direct authority;
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to handle frequent interruptions to planned work activities;
- Must be able to respond and adapt quickly in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Must be able to handle the stress of dealing with continuous deadlines;
- Must be willing to participate in seminars, training and/or thought leadership relevant to the position or industry;
- Follows all company and OSHA Safety regulations; works in a safe manner and uses personal protective equipment, if required; reinforces housekeeping and Keilhauer’s core values;
- May occasionally be required to work additional hours outside of the work schedule (attend evening events, travel, etc.)
Keilhauer is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment for all employees. Keilhauer is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities where possible.
If this sounds like a match with your skill set, please send your resume and a sample of your writing to email@example.com or by fax to (416) 759-5723.
We thank you for your interest, and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Manager, Communications and Marketing
Let's Talk Science
Vice President, Advancement and External Relations
Memorial University of Newfoundland
STEPS Public Art
External Communications Manager
Full Time Manager, Marketing Communications
The Salvation Army Ontario Divisional Headquarters