PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER (MARKETING)
POSITION CODE: 2019-060
LOCATION: The Globe and Mail, Toronto
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
With 175 years of expertise behind us, The Globe and Mail is seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to build on our coveted position as the number one measured independent news brand in the country.
This strategic thinker will be responsible for creating the foundation for our product and brand positioning to speak to Canada’s leaders of today and tomorrow.
Leveraging behavioural data, market and customer insights, and working cross-departmentally with editorial, digital and UX teams, they will develop positioning, messaging and competitive differentiation for The Globe and Mail products and news brand. While supported by both internal and external creative and advertising teams, they will be able to clearly articulate the benefits of our products and translate these benefits into consumer-facing messaging for a wide variety of audiences and platforms.
This is a role for an experienced Product Marketing Manager who believes in the importance of independent journalism and relishes the opportunity to work with a trusted brand. If you thrive in a collaborative, fluid, fast-paced and intellectually demanding environment, and have got the goods to prove it, we want to hear from you.
- Become a subject matter expert on the market and buyer needs in relation to The Globe and Mail’s consumer and b2b products.
- Develop product positioning documents, including messaging, competitive differentiation, and go-to-market strategies, ensuring alignment and buy-in from sales, editorial and senior management.
- Work with internal stakeholders including sales, retention, customer service, PR and digital teams to ensure readiness for successful product launches.
- Proactively and regularly collect feedback from sales, retention and customer service teams to inform and improve product positioning.
- Work closely with the VP Marketing and Director Marketing to ensure seamless execution of Globe and Mail brand campaigns to support significant milestones such as the 175 anniversary of The Globe and/or organizational change and innovation.
- Uphold and ensure corporate brand standards on all marketing creative.
- University degree with preference for candidates with a Marketing degree.
- Proven experience as a product marketing manager for b2b or consumer products.
- Previous experience managing integrated marketing campaigns
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Must be data-driven with an ability to report on and make compelling recommendations to achieve buy-in from a wide range of stakeholders.
- Must be able to move between strategy and execution with a high willingness to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams and employ a test-and-learn philosophy.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL INC. IS DEDICATED TO EQUITY IN THE WORKPLACE
At The Globe and Mail, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Senior Marketing Manager
Aquatic Informatics Inc.
Marketing Communications Manager
Oakville & Milton Humane Society
Associate Director, Marketing & Communications
BC Cancer Foundation
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
The Globe and Mail
Manager, Events and Experiential
British Columbia Institute of Technology - 360570