At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do. Ryerson University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. As an employer, we are working towards a people first culture and are proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and a Greater Toronto’s Top Employer for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. To learn more about our work environment, colleagues, leaders, students and innovative educational environment, visit www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science
Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) At FEAS, we immerse ourselves in the economic, social and technological communities we serve. As they evolve, we shift to meet their needs, leveraging our strengths and generating novel solutions. It is our mission to be a leader in Canada, where highly-skilled, adaptable students and researchers develop as people and professionals and work together for one purpose: to improve quality of life around the world. FEAS has close to 5,000 undergraduate students enrolled in nine programs; over 800 graduate students in ten master’s and seven doctoral programs; and over 150 faculty members. In 2018, FEAS was recognized by US News & World Report as 5th in Canada for engineering research citation impact.
FEAS is building an exciting cross-functional team to meet the evolving needs of our stakeholders within the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS). The team will create and optimize content, bringing agility and creativity to marketing messages and initiatives that will drive FEAS goals and objectives. FEAS is looking for an individual that can work both collaboratively and autonomously with ease. The position will be work-from-home to start, supported by digital resources and an exemplary team, but is fully expected to transition to in-office once campus reopens. As the Web and Social Media Project Coordinator, you will design and execute web and social media strategies designed to build reputation, and help our target audiences find the information they need with ease. We're looking for someone who lives and breathes and website user experience (UX) and information architecture (IA), and social media. Reporting to the Manager, Digital Effectiveness, the Web and Social Media Project Coordinator bridges the gaps between the traditional media landscape and the evolving digital world, providing thoughtful solutions that consider the user journey, while adhering IA and UX best practices. The ideal candidate in this unique role, will have exceptional organizational and time management skills, coordinating multiple projects simultaneously, while navigating different stakeholders and relationships internally and externally. The ideal candidate will be a natural problem solver and have an excellent technical understanding of web-based digital assets and content management systems. Furthermore, the successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, business and marketing acumen, with the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders. As someone who is naturally analytical, you are comfortable using web analytics tools and navigate large data sets to develop insights and recommendations to present to leadership.
- Research, investigate and recommend the best approach for web, social media and other projects
- Coordinate all web updates, assessing requests, and presenting solutions to stakeholders that leverage UX and IA best practices. Make the web updates in a timely manner, balancing ongoing competing priorities and projects.
- Ideate, write, edit, create, schedule and measure shareable content to distribute on the web and social media platforms; measure the results of these marketing activities.
- Using various web and social media analysis and measurement tools, evaluate the performance of existing content and channels and developing insights to drive recommendations for future optimizations.
- Provides analytical and administrative support to the Manager, Digital Effectiveness, on various other marketing initiatives.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, English, Marketing, Journalism or Communications and a minimum of 3 years of experience in the following areas are required:
- Project coordination and administration of web content design, including creating and designing digital and print campaigns (annual reports, brochures, posters, banners, invitations, e-newsletters creating wire frame), understanding user interface design, applying technical skills (programs mentioned below, including graphic design and/or advertising industries and ensuring timely delivery of quality work from vendors and the migration of content between content management systems
- Overseeing and designing web content including the migration of content between content management systems.
- Creating and designing digital and print campaigns including annual reports, brochures, posters, banners, invitations, e-newsletters and or mobile design in full colour work, creating wire frames, understanding user interface design, applying technical skills in the graphic design and/or advertising industries.
- Maintaining standards of graphic design and production values for print-based projects and coordinating transfer of existing designs to website.
- Integrating approved brand elements consistently across an organization
- Demonstrated knowledge in the theory and application of web and graphic design including layout and composition, as related to web, print material, visual communication, typography, computer software applications, photography and video.
- Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent command of various applications and tools such as Adobe AEMCQ, web analytics, search engine optimization, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Good judgement and solid presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of information architecture and user experience.
- Excellent command of various applications and tools such as Adobe CQ, web analytics, search engine optimization, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong project management skills, including identifying and defining project scope that aligns with understanding of information architecture and the user experience.
- Experience in maintaining standards of graphic design and production values for print-based projects, coordinating transfer of existing designs to website and integrating approved brand elements consistently across an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with stakeholders, and for report/proposal writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and to engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to make recommendations, including evaluating system performance and effectiveness on a regular basis.
- Strong planning, organization, time management and attention to detail skills to coordinate project deadlines and scheduling of resources.
- Position Number(s) 20001734
- Reports To - Manager, Digital Effectiveness
- Vacancy Type - TERM
- Employee Group - OPSEU
- Start Date - ASAP
- End Date - 1 year from start date
- Hours of Work - 36.25
- Grade and Step - 11
- Salary Scale $66,620.63 to $79,548.49
As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to complete an occupational assessment. We encourage all First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples or Indigenous peoples of North America, to self-identify in their applications and also reach out to Tracey King, Indigenous Human Resources Lead for support during the selection process. Applications will only be accepted online through Ryerson's careersite.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Manager, Marketing Programs
Saskatchewan Governement Insurance
Manager, Digital Effectiveness
Vice President, Strategic Marketing & Development…
Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) / Conservation de la Nature (CNC)
Public Relations Coordinator (maternity leave con…