Content Marketing Specialist
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do. Ryerson University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. As an employer, we are working towards a people first culture and are proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and a Greater Toronto’s Top Employer for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. To learn more about our work environment, colleagues, leaders, students and innovative educational environment, visit www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science
Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) At FEAS, we immerse ourselves in the economic, social and technological communities we serve. As they evolve, we shift to meet their needs, leveraging our strengths and generating novel solutions. It is our mission to be a leader in Canada, where highly-skilled, adaptable students and researchers develop as people and professionals and work together for one purpose: to improve quality of life around the world. FEAS has close to 5,000 undergraduate students enrolled in nine programs; over 800 graduate students in ten master’s and seven doctoral programs; and over 150 faculty members. In 2018, FEAS was recognized by US News & World Report as 5th in Canada for engineering research citation
The Content Marketing Specialist and Writer (2 positions) will create, research and produce highquality content for marketing communications across multiple platforms and mediums. The successful candidate is dynamic, creative and results-driven and will ensure that story, narrative concepts, language, and related processes work consistently, efficiently, and advance the marketing goals and strategies of FEAS. FEAS is building an exciting cross-functional team to meet the evolving needs of our stakeholders within the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS). The team will create and optimize content, bringing agility and creativity to marketing messages and initiatives that will drive FEAS goals and objectives. FEAS is looking for an individual that can work both collaboratively and autonomously with ease. The position will be work-from-home to start, supported by digital resources and an exemplary team, but is fully expected to transition to in-office once campus reopens.
Develops, coordinates and conceptualizes content in keeping with FEAS brand and voice, overseeing editorial review and ensuring the content is appropriate, engaging and fit for the intended audience. Collaborates with internal stakeholders to understand and create customized solutions by identifying possible content solutions for their marketing and communication needs and developing relevant and engaging content for digital and traditional platforms. Maintains content standards, analyzes content and channel performance and provides strategy recommendations for optimization based on analytical findings in addition to administrative and coordination support.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree program in English, Journalism, Marketing and Communication and a minimum of 3 years of experience in journalism within an agency in a dedicated marketing/branded communications environment showcasing story telling/writing and use of digital applications with the following requirements:
- Editorial review, writing, editing and/or creating content creation from concept to delivering
- Using print and digital platforms, including experience planning, coordinating and developing channel agnostic copy and content that drive measurable results/CTAs, as well as working within STEM industry and post-secondary setting
- Experience using project management tools such as Asana, Trello or similar
- Expert knowledge in design thinking, content management, and the creative development process
- Demonstrated research, writing and editing skills for varied stakeholders and audience. Expert knowledge in CP style, as well as working within content guidelines and organizational writing style guides and a desire to push existing standards to the next level.
- Expertise in translating complex technical documentation into consumer-friendly language that drives action.
- Conceptual thinking with problem solving, time management, strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively multitask several projects and deadlines at once.
- Expertise in website taxonomy and metadata strategies in a website CMS environment, marketing campaigns, digital marketing practices and organic social media growth
- Excellent computer skills, including strong knowledge of G Suite programs; Microsoft Office; project management tools; CRM, apps and tools for graphic designing, video editing, web development, social media tools; analytics and reporting tools etc.
- Commitment and working knowledge to support Ryerson's principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI), and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Position Number(s) - 20003233, 20003587
- Reports To - Manager, Communications & Strategy
- Vacancy Type - TERM
- Employee Group - OPSEU
- Start Date - ASAP
- End Date - 1 year from start date
- Hours of Work - 36.25
- Grade and Step Grade - 11
- Salary Scale - $65,314.34 to $$77,988.72
We encourage all First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples or Indigenous peoples of North America, to selfidentify in their applications and also reach out to Tracey King, Indigenous Human Resources Lead for support during the selection process. As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to complete an occupational assessment. Applications will only be accepted online through Ryerson's careersite.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications