Marketing Manager, Nordic Bridges
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a stunning 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre! We are currently looking for a creative and passionate Marketing Manager to develop and execute innovative marketing plans and campaigns to promote and support Nordic Bridges 2022, an exciting year-long, coast to coast programming partnership fostering cultural exchange among Nordic countries and Canada.
Position Title: Marketing Manager, Nordic Bridges
Department: Cultural Engagement
Reporting To: Director, Cultural Engagement
Type of Employment: Contract to March 31,2023 - Full time hours
Summary of Function: The Marketing Manager, Nordic Bridges will be responsible for assisting with the planning, coordination and execution of integrated marketing plans and campaigns that leverage traditional and digital media in support of Nordic Bridges 2022. This role will take care of all aspects of the marketing project oversight, including setting project management schedules, implementing critical paths, media planning and placement, inter and cross departmental collaboration, trafficking of marketing materials, and external relationship management with media partners, vendors, agencies, and designers.
Planning & Execution
- Develop, coordinate and execute marketing plans, as well as all communications and promotional activities that support the marketing strategy for Nordic Bridges 2020.
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain marketing campaigns across all digital marketing and social media platforms to support website traffic and audience growth.
- Work with team members to ensure that assets are delivered on time.
- Manage website content, monitoring website traffic, and implementing changes based on website analytics and usability testing.
- Develop, foster and maintain up-to-date niche and community outreach lists and relationships, as well as develop target audience and outreach programs, mailing lists and niche marketing opportunities.
- Assist with on-site media coordination and accreditation; provide support to external publicity and PR firm.
- Assist with pulling lists and requested data in Tessitura.
- Maintain centralized overview of each project’s status for the information of all participants; keep strict adherence to deadlines and ensure all parties are aware of timelines.
- Liaise with departments and outside groups to coordinate efficient and timely project processing.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- University Degree or Diploma in marketing, communications or business
- 5 years of experience in developing marketing strategies, campaigns and plan execution
- Ability to manage and achieve project milestones that involve cross- functional internal/external teams in an environment with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with project delivery across various marketing functions and specialized teams
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing integrated multi-channel marketing plans
- Strong oral and written communication skills including proof reading and meticulous attention to detail
- Superior organizational, time and project management skills
- Knowledge of website and new media marketing, as well as experience with Google analytics and other web analytics programs
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Working knowledge of HTML and expertise in Wordpress
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract
Desirable Skills & Requirements
- Understanding of the current multi-disciplinary art ecology across Canada
- Knowledge of Tessitura is an asset
- Knowledge of a Nordic language (Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian) is an asset
- A fast-paced environment where the ability to multi-task, perform under pressure graciously, show flexibility and adaptability, are a must
- Able to work regular office hours Monday to Friday, as well as evening and/or weekends when required
- Remote work from home is currently in place, however the candidate must be able to work on site at our downtown campus as needed
Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S)
- All staff are required to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct.
How to Apply
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating salary expectations. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by November 6,2020 by contacting email@example.com. Please quote Marketing Manager, Nordic Bridges in the subject line of your application.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
MANAGER, DEVELOPMENT AND PARTNERSHIPS – (TWO POSI…
Food Banks Canada
Senior Lead, Marketing and Brand Management / Res…
Healthcare Excellence Canada
Sales & Marketing Coordinator – Ottawa or Toronto
Westboro Mortgage Investment Corp.
Business Partner, Marketing & Communications (18 …
Technical Safety BC
Senior Digital Marketing Officer
University of Toronto Scarborough-Marketing and Communications