Associate Director Business Development & Marketing
Do you want to join one of the leading engineering consulting companies, creating value for customers, people, and societies worldwide? Can you drive the development and continuous improvement of COWI North America's CRM database and CRM processes? Are you someone who can handle different kinds of tasks and situations requiring a search for solutions and application of judgment within the area of expertise and acquired knowledge? Then join us and we can be outstanding together!
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL TEAM IN NORTH VANCOUVER
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings, and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation and energy sectors and beyond, supporting projects within railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, oil and gas, and more.
Our portfolio includes some of the world's most prestigious and challenging bridge, tunnel, and marine structure projects, as well as program management and construction management. We have hundreds of skilled experts working on projects in North America and worldwide, covering the entire lifecycle of a project from idea, concept, and design to operation and maintenance.
A POSITION THAT WILL PUSH YOUR DEVELOPMENT FURTHER
In this position, you will join our global team of experts and work closely with the businesses focused on Bridge, Tunnel, and Energy/Marine Engineering Pursuits for COWI in North America. Your primary task in our team will be to collaborate with and lead Marketing and Business Development staff throughout North America and oversee the development of winning strategies for pursuing work with public/private agencies, contractors, and A/E firm clients for the business. You will also work with the broader COWI Group, with collaboration focused primarily within the international Bridge, Tunnel & Energy/Marine businesses.
In the Marketing part of the job, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide mentoring, leadership, and supervision of marketing staff to develop and maintain marketing information systems like the CRM database and employee CV profiles
Partner with technical staff to produce quality proposals and lead proposal development in assigned region(s)
- Manage proposal resources, including managing proposal assignments to engineering professionals to meet proposal production deadlines
- Develop marketing resources for use in pursuit of clients and projects, and perform other marketing duties as assigned.
While working on the Business Development part, you will:
- Mentor and provide leadership to marketing and engineering professionals for Business Development strategy and implementation in collaboration with line management
- Serve as a Key Account Manager and/or advisor to Key Account Managers for clients in an assigned geographic region(s), and create customer relationship development plans along with overseeing their successful executions
- Maintain active participation and presence in external related organizations or events to raise the profile of the firm
- Track business development leads by maintaining a thorough knowledge of the COWI North America business for pursuit opportunities
- Provide input to relevant professional networks on market trends, and Performs market research, and perform other business development duties as assigned.
COWI is a leader within our field because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute with your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should have strong leadership skills together with strong project management and relationship building skills. You should also have professional knowledge in a technical field built on an understanding of the theoretical concepts, including the underlying principles and their context.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field with a minimum of 12 years of experience working in a marketing, business development, or proposal management function in a professional service firm environment
- Have the ability to collaborate with others who do not directly report to you and also the ability to collaborate, lead and negotiate with strong personalities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively autonomously and as a team member
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please email our Global Recruitment Specialist, Priyanka, at email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the APPLY button and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.