Events and Marketing Coordinator
Want to join the team that is growing and shaping the marketing profession in Canada?
The Canadian Marketing Association’s (CMA) Events and Marketing Coordinator is an important team contributor who will report to and support the initiatives and priorities of the CMA’s Senior Manager, Events.
This role will ensure CMA continues to deliver, promote and optimize CMA’s top-ranked live events and experiences focused primarily in Toronto for leading Canadian marketing professionals. This role must be available to attend all CMA events and work in a collaborative, matrixed team environment with a focus on marketing CMA’s events, experiences and awards.
The Canadian Marketing Association is the voice of the marketing profession in Canada. With over 400 members, CMA represents leaders across the corporate, not-for-profit, public, post-secondary and health sectors.
CMA’s members make a significant contribution to the economy through the sale of goods and services, investments in media and new marketing technologies and by providing significant employment opportunities for Canadians.
· Support with live event planning and logistical details with event venues including internal / external AV and catering relationships
· Development and preparation of registration materials (badges, promo items, surveys, signage, etc.)
· On-site event support and management of volunteers
· Updating and populating the CMA database with event contacts
· Key Event types for 2019:
· Morning Event Series
· CMA Mixer Series
· Executive Breakfast Series (Member Invite Only)
· Exclusive Breakfast Series (Invite-Only) example
· Support the planning and fulfilling the Call for Entries online process in the Spring
· Support the coordination of 200+ online Judges, Senior Judges and meetings with the Awards Strategic Committee in the Spring and Summer
· Update tracking and reporting documents for managing dietary concerns, guest names, year-over-year entry comparisons, etc.
· On-site Awards leadership for and with Canada’s top marketers each November to ensure all guests have an incredible Gala experience
· Create, deploy and measure event promotional email campaigns, leveraging existing assets and web development team support, including reminder and post-event emails (uploading lists, testing and scheduling per the CMA Email Calendar)
· Support CMA website updates, with web development team support, for event pages and awards (including publishing approved content / agenda details, sponsor and partner logos, speaker information, relevant imagery, etc.)
· Assist with social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) planning, execution and measurement before, during and after for all events and awards initiatives
· Update signage and collateral materials for events and awards while supporting updates for CMA’s broader marketing materials and efforts, both online and offline
· Monitor competitive marketing and promotional activities to identify new opportunities and best practices in the events, awards and marketing association landscape
Qualifications & Skills:
· 2 to 3 years of work experience in event planning, marketing and/or communications
· Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Events, Marketing, Communications or related field
· Detail-oriented and consistent, utmost professional composure in the office and at events
· Familiarity with email marketing and social media platforms
· Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
· Commitment to a sense of urgency and excellence to ensure top-quality execution
· Team player showing respect to others and accepting of feedback to learn and grow together in a collaborative and supportive team
· Clear communicator who delivers value, including with innovative and strategic ideas, and draws from their experience and those around them to enhance events, awards and marketing capabilities for the CMA
· Ability to switch focus areas to prioritize projects to meet deadlines
· Strength to thrive in a collaborative environment and keen to learn new skills and processes
You Should Also Know You’ll:
· Receive standard CMA employee benefits and coverage
· Gain eligibility for professional development within CMA’s top-rated programming
· Meet and interact regularly with Canada’s top marketing professionals
· Be able to work remotely once or twice per week as an option once established
· Work closely within a fun team in CMA’s downtown Toronto open office environment
· Get reimbursement of approved, reasonable business expenses
The Canadian Marketing Association welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications