Acting Communications Director (1-Year Maternity Leave Contract)
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization, and the official student union representing more than 30,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides student with exciting events, essential services and leadership opportunities.
The Communications Director is responsible for the overall strategic management and direction of IGNITE branding, marketing and communications strategy. As a key member of the senior management team, the Director oversees brand development as it aligns to IGNITE’s strategic objectives and the implementation of communication and marketing plans to support organizational initiatives. The Director sets goals, monitors work and evaluates results to ensure that all communications-related objectives increase organizational visibility and student engagement.
- Contributes to the implementation of IGNITE’s strategic plan. The director will set communications-related objectives and outcome measures aligned to the strategic plan
- Supports brand strategy for the organization; monitors, measures, and integrates the strategy throughout all communication-related materials
- Enables strategic planning and implementation processes including communication rollout, engagement mechanisms, and reporting and evaluation
- Leads all corporate communication initiatives including issues management, internal communications and brand consistency
- Leads and supervises four (4) full-time departmental staff
- Develops and maintains an annual communications operating plan, complete with specific objectives and activities for all members of the Communications team
- Oversees the development, execution and assessment of the sponsorship program
- Develops, monitors, measures and generates reports on the effectiveness of communication-related tactics for corporate, governance, services, and program initiatives
- Manages all departmental budgetary expenditures; overall and campaign-specific
- Directs market research activities in order to keep abreast of the changing demographics and other relevant emerging issues facing IGNITE’s target population
- Develops and maintains strong and productive relationships with all levels of the organization and Humber community at-large
- Minimum four (4) year diploma/degree or equivalent in Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
- Minimum five (5) years work experience in Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, leading overall communications strategy in a senior role
- Superior ability to work in a high-pressure environment and oversee multiple projects
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication. Strong presentation skills with the ability to advise senior management on strategic communication matters
- Confidence and capacity to make critical decisions with minimal supervision
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required by the organization.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our community. We actively seek qualified individuals from equity-seeking groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment. In accordance to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities, and will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
This document is available in alternate format on request.
Interested candidates to submit cover letter and resume via email to Ercole Perrone, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Please include “Acting Communications Director” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications