- City of Mississauga
- Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 34.21 - $ 45.62
- Req 5961
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Req ID: 5961
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 10/13/2020
This is a temporary full time position up to one year.
Digital Coordinator would be working in a team environment under the direction of the Supervisor, Digital Marketing , and is responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating, updating, maintaining and assisting with website and digital assets belonging to Recreation. Must have Wordpress experience.
- Assisting internal and external partners with marketing plans, strategies and use of appropriate digital tools for delivery of key messages to provide support to content contributors (including content creation)
- Media buying for digital marketing campaigns and managing social media communities
- Participates in the content creation process including concept development, copy writing, photography, video ad creation and roll-out.
- Assist with Recreation E-Mail creation, marketing, deployment and database management.
- Providing general administrative support and other related duties, as required
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree or diploma in Digital Marketing, Digital Communications, Web Design/Development, Graphic Design, Interactive Media, Information Technology or a related program
- Three to five years of professional experience in web & social media marketing.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- An outgoing, energetic and positive personality
- Demonstrated experience as an action-oriented problem-solver
- Project leadership experience
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Demonstrated experience with digital publishing tools including content management systems and Microsoft SharePoint
- Understanding of information architecture and user experience testing
- Experience in the digital marketing landscape: customer acquisition, conversion, engagement, paid and organic traffic, SEM, SEO, social media, display, mobile, video, email and content marketing
- Experience with the following will be considered an asset:
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 including Illustrator and Creative Cloud
- Content creation
- Media Buying
- Experience managing social media communities in particular: Facebook and Twitter
- Experience with email marketing using web based tools such as: Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Upaknee, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams on assigned project work
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 34.21 - $ 45.62
Hours of Work: 35
Organization Unit: CMS/Business & Marketing Solutions
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation Division , Business Planning
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
*This position will temporarily work from home, with in person meetings when required.
Applicants applying to this posting may be considered for the same position(s) should another vacancy occur within six months from the date of this posting, unless the requirement to repost is expressed differently in a Collective Agreement.
If you are selected for an interview and your proposed transfer or promotion results in a real or perceived conflict of interest in relation to the Employment of Relatives Corporate Policy and Procedure, you must notify the Human Resources Representative as soon as possible.
If you are selected for an interview you are expected to disclose all current positions held in the City, whether full time or part time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Please apply online via https://jobs.mississauga.ca or by clicking this link.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications