Director of Corporate Development and Partnerships
Food Banks Canada, is seeking a Director of Corporate Development and Partnerships
About Food Banks Canada
Food Banks Canada supports a unique network of over 3,000 food-related organizations in every province and territory that provides support to Canadians who visit food banks over 1.1 million times each month. Together, the network annually shares over 200 million pounds of essential safe, quality food; and provides social programs that help to foster self-sufficiency, and advocates for policy changes that will help create a Canada where no one goes hungry. Visit foodbankscanada.ca for more information.
A marketing and fundraising specialist with knowledge and proven experience managing corporate programs, the Director of Corporate Development and Partnerships will create transformational and mutually beneficial relationships between Food Banks Canada and a wide range of corporate partners to bring maximum value for Food Banks Canada and the food bank network across Canada.
The Director of Corporate Development and Partnerships will leverage the capacity of capabilities of the full team to drive tactical implementation along with an “all hands on deck” approach when needed to build a robust donor engagement strategy from identification through to stewardship. They will focus on fundraising goals as well as the quality of our programs to thoughtfully mesh donor opportunities with the priorities of our organization and the food bank network.
Politically astute and comfortable in complex, multi-tiered organizations, the ideal candidate will tactfully maneuver and navigate within the network of food banks and programs. The Director of Corporate Development and Partnerships will creatively collaborate with teams across our organization when building partnerships to ensure new partnerships add value. They will be articulate, self-assured and professional, the successful candidate will manage up, across, and down with confidence and will understand when to elevate issues for dialogue, debate and greater cross-organizational buy-in.
The Director of Corporate Development and Partnerships will have experience with an account management style of team leadership within a cross-functional team structure and will foster a trusting, positive team environment. They will balance providing insight and direction with allowing autonomy and independence. The Director of Corporate Development and Partnerships will coach and mentor their career growth and will encourage their direct reports to reach their full potential.
Adaptive to change and growth, the Director of Corporate Development and Partnerships will be comfortable with ambiguity and will thrive in a fast paced environment. They will be excited by the incoming strategic direction to provide a more robust national leadership, to relieve hunger today and to prevent hunger tomorrow.
With a high degree of integrity and authentic commitment to our mandate, the Director of Corporate Development and Partnerships will be aligned with our values, mission and vision to a Canada where no one goes hungry and ensure a positive image of Food Banks Canada with its membership, stakeholders and the public.
- In partnership with the Chief Development and Partnership Officer establish department goals, targets, implementation plan and tracking for the corporate giving team to achieve annual targets
- Manage departmental expense budget
- Provide leadership to 2 direct reports (Senior Manager, Business Development, Manager, Campaigns & Partnership Marketing)
- Identify, cultivate and solicit public and private corporations to develop innovative partnership opportunities which will generate financial and/or in-kind support of Food Banks Canada including sponsorship, employee engagement, cause-related marketing, promotion, etc.
- Responsible for meeting corporate partnership revenue goals to generate, sustain and increase funds for mission-related purposes
- Provide leadership and coaching on best practices in corporate partnerships including strategic management and sponsor recognition, setting goals and expectations, supporting high level performance, recognizing success and cultivating a culture of philanthropy
- Personally manage a portfolio of current donors/partners and conduct cultivation visits, solicitation calls, and stewardship activities that set the example for the team in new partnerships development
- Effectively collaborate with Director, Philanthropy and staff to ensure maximum revenue and implementation of fundraising best practices across entire Development portfolio
- In collaboration with the Director, Philanthropy work to ensure that all reporting and stewardship goals are met
- Develop, implement, and manage fundraising policies, processes, best practices programs and strategies related to corporate partnerships
- Develop and monitor the implementation of account strategies, mentoring, coaching and championing of Food Banks Canada staff required to achieve sustained success to grow corporate support
- Promote a culture that is donor-centric, where requests from internal and external stakeholders are responded to with a high degree of urgency, professionalism and accuracy
- Work within the networked context to raise funds and food and communicate about programs with a high level of commitment and an exceptional level of service to both provincial associations as well as affiliate food
- Support staff team in identifying emerging issues and appropriate communication
- Operate within the philosophy, culture, and values of Food Banks Canada
- Perform other duties as required
Education, Experience, Attributes
- Bilingualism is preferred or considered a strong asset.
- Innovative and creative thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset and with proven success in building and nurturing strong and lasting strategic
- 7+ years demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategies and plans resulting in increased revenue.
- Proven experience working across individual giving channels, corporations with cause marketing, sponsorship, corporate giving, and brand activation opportunities.
- Exceptional skills in networking, presenting, and pitching, with demonstrated capacity to manage prospects through the full cultivation cycle to a successful close.
- Strong donor relations and customer service skills, and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior listening skills with the ability to interpret the concerns and interests of corporations and internal staff, and translating them into attractive opportunities for investment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working well with volunteer teams, community based organizations and large business.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people and experience leading, coaching, mentoring and motivating a professional, cross-functional team to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Strong project coordination and issue management skills. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities.
- Familiarity with the issues surrounding hunger and poverty an asset.
- A university degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. CFRE is considered an asset.
- Strong financial literacy with experience developing and managing annual budgets.
- Professional and self-confident with polished presence.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and experience using a CRM database (ideally Raiser’s Edge).
- Capacity for occasional travel, and some evening and weekend work.
This job description is provided to capture the primary components of this role. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list. An individual may be required to perform other tasks which may not be listed but are consistent with the general intent of this role.
From time to time, Food Banks Canada may make changes to this job description. Reasons for such changes include, but are not limited to, changes in business processes and practices, technology changes, legal requirements, network feedback, or changes to organization structure and reporting relationships.
Food Banks Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Please note: The hiring range for this position is $105,467-$120,533.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by September 18, 2020. When you click on "Apply" you will be taken to Cause Leadership's online application site. Cause Leadership is our recruiting partner for this position.
We thank all those who apply but only those applicants who are selected for an initial phone screening will be contacted.
Similar searches: Sales and Business Development
More search results
Digital Marketing Manager (9 month contract)
Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
Vice President, Marketing and Communications Cana…
The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
VP Marketing and Account Management
Call2Recycle Canada, Inc.
Head Of Marketing
Vice President (External Relations)
University of Alberta