Privately owned and headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, PINK ELEPHANT is a global leader in IT Service Management consulting and education. To date, we have provided consulting, education programs and conferences to more than 350,000 IT professionals.
We are currently looking for a MARKETING SERVICES MANAGER to join our team.
Reporting into the Marketing Director, and with a demonstrated track record in applying creative thinking, contributing to strong strategic marketing plans, branding, and product development, the Marketing Services Manager will:
- Increase product awareness, sales and profits by helping senior mangers and executives to identify marketing strategies that will effectively promote all of Pink’s product lines
- Research pricing, identify industry trends, and make recommendations for competitive positioning
- Ensure accurate and timely communication of pricing changes to relevant departments
- Review brand marketing initiatives across all customer touchpoints to support the continued development of brand management processes and capabilities, including competitive analysis, measurement, ROI, standards etc.
- Work with marketing analytics, product development and inside sales teams to understand marketing priorities in order to create and support sales strategies
- Manage and coordinate many activities related to the development, production and delivery of conferences and special events including: communication, creating branding and print materials, signage and promotional items, supplier management with printers and mailers, create and manage event apps, identify and manage media sponsors, customer surveys, etc.)
- Maintain the organization’s competitive database to ensure information is relevant, up-to-date and communicated
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of customer buying patterns and work with department managers and executives to develop impactful marketing strategies
- Support the development/design of effective marketing processes to support short term and long-term goals
- Manage a small team of marketing coordinators/assistants
- Manage supplier selection and ensure that marketing and communications material is consistent with brand meaning
- Assist in identifying appropriate direct mail lists and coordinating those lists
- Develop schedules and timelines to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Track and record customer comments for use in marketing and promotional activities
- Keep abreast of industry trends, competition, and new opportunities.
- Passion and energy, and you are not deterred by a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- A university degree or college diploma with focus on marketing and business
- 10+ years of overall marketing experience, with 7 years experience being a lead contributor to marketing initiatives/projects
- A minimum 3 years of direct people management experience
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen with an understanding of general business principles, including the 4 Ps of marketing
- Proven ability to prepare marketing plans with a blend of focused research, strategy and creativity
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of brand building and brand management
- Strong creative sensibilities and an eye for aesthetics in presentation materials
- Superior QA, writing and editing skills
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills
- Above average ability to demonstrate creative and innovative thinking
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines and manage a large volume of work
- A positive attitude and outlook in all situations
- Strong computer skills: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Dynamics (or equivalent CRM tool) as well as a high comfort level with the internet
- Strong team player approach, yet capable of working independently
- A flexible work ethic, self-motivation and an entrepreneurial spirit that are must-haves for a small entrepreneurial company, together with demonstrated ease to move readily from strategic activities to very hands-on operational tasks, often in the same day
- Resourcefulness, and you are a detail-oriented thinker
- Professionalism and integrity that you apply to in all aspects of your responsibilities
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
This position offers the opportunity to make a big impact in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including a company sponsored RRSP
- Enhanced paid days off in addition to vacation time
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Opportunity to earn IT and business certifications (e.g. ITIL; Change Management, Lean IT, etc.)
- Advancement opportunities not always found in larger organizations
- Wellness programs including discounted fitness club membership
- A fun climate with well-cemented office social activities including weekly treat days
- A dynamic, entrepreneurial small office environment
- An interesting, collaborative, and challenging work experience
Please forward your resume and a cover letter that states salary expectations and showcases your exceptional writing skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the volume of applications, we can only respond to those individuals who are selected for an interview. No agencies please.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications