This posting is for a temporary full-time contract Business & Community Liaison at the WorkBC Maple Ridge Employment Services Centre. The anticipated period of the contract will be April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
Must be able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends).
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.
The Business and Community Liaison role is to develop, implement and manage the WorkBC Maple Ridge Stakeholder Engagement Plan which includes supporting client recruitment as well as community and employer engagement. They will work to enhance WorkBC Maple Ridges’s reputation by developing relationships with strategic community partners, attend relevant community events, engage and inform employers, as well as plan and execute relationship building events at the WorkBC Maple Ridge Employment Services Centre and other areas around Maple Ridge and the Lower Mainland
Develops relationships with strategic community partners:
• Builds strategic relationships with agencies, businesses, training institutions, and other stakeholder groups;
• Develops and executes plans to engage with strategic community partners;
• Attends employment related events to promote WorkBC Services, learns about updates to labour market information and networks with key stakeholders;
• Maintains professional currency with respect to the principles and foundations of community relations, practices and activities;
• Develops, leads and coordinates special events and initiatives to disseminate information about WorkBC;
• Works independently with internal and external contacts to establish, maintain and monitor ongoing communication between members of the community and industry;
• Assists the Centre Manager in executing the WorkBC Marketing Plan as it relates to achieving community relations goals and objectives outlined in the Centre’s annual Business Plan;
• Ensures that they meet or exceed targets set out in the Marketing Plan;
• Works with external contractors to develop a database of community and Centre contacts, interests and opportunities, maintains the database, produces reports;
• Coordinates various meetings, prepares agendas and ensures that minutes and related correspondence are distributed in a timely manner;
Marketing and Communications:
• Liaises with Douglas College’s Marketing and Communications team to develop promotional and communications materials (both internal and external);
• Responsible for creating awareness of WorkBC among potential clients and stakeholders as well as the recruitment of participants;
• Prepares and delivers written communications as required;
• Assists in the development and maintenance of social media and online presence;
• Maintains records of contacts and prepares regular statistical reports regarding Community Relations activities;
• Maintains a variety of paper and electronic records;
• Creates, composes and prepares routine correspondence, memos, letters and reports.
• Participates in the maintenance of Douglas College’s Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015);
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• A professional, positive and energetic attitude;
• Thrive in a fast paced, constantly evolving industry;
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to establish priorities, work to deadlines, and maintain well documented records;
• To manage conflicting goals and be flexible with shifting priorities;
• Maintain a positive environment, working with co-workers and stakeholders within a diverse culture;
• Have personal integrity, initiative, and commitment to professional development;
• Demonstrated ability and experience working in a performance based environment and meeting or exceeding targets set.
• Work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team in the design, development and delivery of services to ensure program outcomes are met;
• Be adaptable in your approach by adjusting to changes in service delivery models, labour market or participant trends.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Marketing or Communications field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and marketing experience;
• 5 years demonstrated experience building and maintaining partnerships with stakeholders;
• Strong knowledge of social media platforms and online marketing strategies;
• Demonstrated experience providing customer service and resolving issues;
• Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying policy or legislation;
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry training and apprenticeships and training providers in BC;
• A demonstrated ability to exhibit respect for clients, client diversity, and community partners;
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate the exchange of information between stakeholders;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, performance-based work environment with shifting priorities;
• Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule based on travel and meeting schedules, this may include some evenings and weekends;
• Willingness to travel extensively within the Lower Mainland and around the Province of BC;
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle;
• Excellent computer skills: MS Office Suite, Adobe Professional Suite, and the use of online-on demand meeting and webinar applications;
• Satisfactory completion of a criminal records check.
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter is submitted online. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. This posting will remain as open until filled with a first review of resumes beginning on January 16 , 2019.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal records check. A criminal record will not automatically result in your application for employment being denied.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Postinghttp://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/3654
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications