Senior Research Associate
Senior Research Associate
Planning and Institutional Research is looking for a new team member to work at Niagara College! The role includes four core areas - government reporting, dashboard development, predictive analytics, survey research, and consulting services. Market research is a significant component of the work that we do. Posting will remain open until filled. Check the link below for more information or to apply.
Applications are invited for the position of Senior Research Associate in Niagara College’s Planning and Institutional Research department at the Welland Campus. This position has a start rate per the Support Staff Collective Agreement of $36.42/hour. The maximum rate for this position is currently $42.22/hour obtainable through appropriate six month and annual increases per the Collective Agreement..
Reporting to the Director, Planning and Institutional Research, the Senior Research Associate (SRA) supports government reporting and managerial planning and decision-making by developing data/predictive analytical models, conducting primary and secondary research, and becoming a subject-matter expert in Power BI.
The primary aim of the SRA role is to meet government reporting requirements and to generate data and analyses to assess and predict institutional performance, program effectiveness, and student and graduate success.
The Incumbent’s primary responsibilities include the delivery of the following four core services:
- Government accountability: Prepare government-required reports and data files
- Dashboard development: Plan, design, and develop dynamic dashboards
- Predictive analytics: Design, develop, and enhance advanced statistical models
- Research and consulting services: Conduct and/or provide expert advice on internal research and data analytics initiatives
- Minimum of a four-year honours degree in business, social sciences, higher education, or related field including courses in statistical analysis, social science or market research, and database management. Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum five years of recent relevant experience in a comparable position designing and conducting research and analysis related to social science research, market research, statistics, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to produce timely, reliable, high quality analytics, dashboards, and professional reports to support government reporting and institutional planning and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects including related experience in a leadership role, overseeing and supervising the work of contract staff including students
- A track record in statistical analysis, survey research methods, predictive modelling, relational database management, evaluation and assessment
- Preferred candidates will have a combination of advanced statistical skills (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R), MS Office skills (e.g., Excel, PowerPivot), technical skills (e.g., MS Access, Oracle), and data visualization skills (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Qlik)
- Extremely high level of attention to detail, data integrity, and accuracy.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to simplify complex analytical information for business end-users.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple and changing priorities, meet deadlines with minimal supervision, follow instructions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess a client-service orientation.
The Position Description Form is available for review during the posting.
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (ie: original transcripts/credentials). Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services ( http://www.wes.org/ca/ ).
We thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Recruitment Consultant.
Similar searches: Sales and Business Development