Account Directors report to the Head of Client Engagement.
It’s wonderful if you can join us in Calgary, and almost as wonderful if you’re anywhere in Canada.
All candidates must have a valid Canadian work permit. Evans Hunt will not be providing sponsorship at this time. We’re open to considering international candidates working remotely during our business hours in Mountain Time.
As a key contributor to client relationships, Account Directors support Client Partners (aka Group Account Directors) to ensure client satisfaction and management for a portfolio of accounts. Account Directors work under the guidance of the Client Partner, and with the Project Management team and various discipline leads, to ensure that Evans Hunt delivers strategic, quality work.
Account Directors lead teams with a professional approach that reflects the culture, values and capabilities of Evans Hunt, and are responsible for maintaining the happiness of both the client and the internal team throughout their engagements.
Show us what you've got! If Account Director feels like a reach, but you’ve got skills managing clients or work at an agency, apply anyway. You may be a born Project Manager.
Who we’re looking for
As part of the Client Engagement team, the ideal candidate for the Account Director role will check off the boxes below.
You understand the agency environment. You understand core agency services and creative processes (e.g. ad campaigns, web builds, content programs, analytics, digital marketing, communications, etc). You believe in a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to projects and that diverse perspectives lead to stronger work. You’re comfortable leading interdisciplinary teams working across the country.
You have the experience to back up your skills. This isn’t your first rodeo. You have exceptional skills in business and marketing strategy, and can deepen long-term client relationships at all levels, manage account profitability, lead key client presentations, and manage expectations.
You’re digitally minded. You have an interest and ever-growing knowledge of digital/web technologies, technology vendors and third-party technologies. This could also include marketing automation, personalization, campaign design systems, and brand strategy.
You have strong interpersonal skills. You know how to relay information to your teams from your client and back again. You’re an excellent verbal and written communicator with outstanding presentation skills.
Ideally, you have experience in:
- Travel & tourism
- Brand and digital strategy and development
- Website redesigns
- Product strategy & design
- Marketing automation and personalization
A day in the life
Working at an agency, you'll have the opportunity to work with various clients across a diverse range of industries simultaneously. As an Account Director, there are a few activities that will likely take up most of your time. These include:
- Representing the client and the client’s business to internal teams, ensuring internal teams are working towards the same crystal-clear vision of success (whether it’s set by the client partner, strategist, or the clients)
- Building a strong, trusting relationship with clients through straightforward communication—even during hard conversations
- Keeping Client Partners informed on all lines of business
- Diving deep into the client's business and conducting research for relevant opportunities in their industry vertical
- Presenting concepts, strategies, and project plans to clients on behalf of interdisciplinary teams
- Developing thorough briefs that identify opportunities for growth, innovation, and new business
- Supporting our ongoing commitment to client satisfaction
What’s in it for you
Evans Hunt is a full-service digital agency focused on the integration of strategy, creative, and technology. Our experienced team of 110+ employees delivers fully integrated marketing solutions for top national and international organizations. We're a fun place that does good work. Here's what we're offering:
- Salary: Starting at $100,000 per year, subject to experience.
- Culture & lifestyle: We're an agency, and we work hard, but life is also for living. We strive to provide a respectful and inclusive workplace in which all are welcome. We're also not much for micromanaging––you'll have a lot of flexibility to deliver great work in ways that make sense to you.
- Office availability: We're currently working remotely during the pandemic, with optional in-office desks available for booking, if you choose.
- Stuff: A laptop will be provided to you, along with a phone plan if you want it.
What we’ll ask
There are a couple of things we'll ask for as part of the application process:
- Cover letter: Tell us a little about yourself and your fit for the job.
- Resume: A summary of your previous work experience, as well as notable projects you’ve worked on, will help provide a glimpse of who we’re interviewing if selected.
We are looking to fill the position in Q1 2024.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Evans Hunt embraces and encourages the differences and characteristics that make our employees unique. The rich perspectives that result from diversity promotes innovation and business success, and makes us more creative, flexible, productive and competitive. These differences are an important part of not only our culture, but our reputation and achievements. At Evans Hunt, diversity is a fact, and equity and inclusion are choices we make as individuals and leaders.
Calgary, Alberta (Hybrid)
$100k+, subject to experience
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Join Our Team as an Experienced Communications an…
Coding for Veterans
Bilingual (English/French) Proposal Specialist
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
Proposal Specialist/Senior Proposal Specialist
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
Waste Reduction Coordinator
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen