Develop and lead Trade Marketing strategy for select E. &J. Gallo Canada brands. Ensure execution of National trade marketing tactics & strategy across all retail and on-premise channels for select brands. Supports the Brand team with the annual marketing plans, and supports the Sales team with annual promotional plans.
Responsible for delivering business results: Volume/Profit/Revenue (VPR) for the Gallo brands by developing trade strategy, plans and initiatives to deliver growth consistent with business objectives.
Develops key relationships with internal sales and external customers.
This is an 18 month contract role beginning April 1st, 2024 to September 30th, 2025.
- Reports directly to the Senior Trade Marketing Manager
- Develop and implement Trade marketing & merchandising strategy that support marketing campaigns, innovations, and initiatives for select Gallo brands, and align national brand objectives with sales and customers.
- Develop POS creative, display tools, sell sheets, promotional items, trade programs and solutions that suit local and customer needs for select Gallo brands.
- Responsible for utilizing and following project management processes & files to ensure the timely delivery of all trade tools, alignment to brand standards and legal requirements, such as: project workbacks, compliance websites, etc.
- Responsible for execution and completion of contest programming, including creation of legal rules and regulations, digital & social integration and contest fulfillment.
- Develop and implement new initiatives to drive brand visibility, sales, and gain market share.
- Responsible for collaborating with all sales managers across Canada to align on customer programs. Make sure they align with brand strategies and are presented well in advance of call for tenders and applications to allow successful acceptances and programs.
- Responsible for supporting Sales Managers with their key account programming and planning, innovation launches and presentations for these.
- Responsible for working with Brand Managers to build brand plans and strategy by participating on team projects, business reviews and annual brand plans.
- Works with the domestic commerce teams to understand their strategies and initiatives and how we can leverage in Canada (where possible).
- Build briefs and work with external partners to build and execute retail programs.
- Conducts market visits to customers and local sales teams to align on Gallo strategy and understand opportunities and challenges.
- Establish program KPIs, monitor and evaluate the progress & effectiveness of trade plans, ROI analysis.
- Use a variety of data sources to analyze relevant business situations and proactively recognize, evaluate, and address key business issues, drivers, and growth opportunities.
- Use knowledge about consumers, competition, and customers to support the creation of business solutions and provide ideas that support trade & brand strategy.
- Observes and analyses new trends and competitive activities to seek out innovative ways to build the brands.
- Builds & manages assigned budget effectively for select brands.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining inventory of marketing items within all storage lockers in Ontario for select brands.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate information in the Trade Center of Excellence Resources.
- Collaborates with other key functional areas and external agencies/vendors to accomplish objectives on schedule and within budget.
- Builds collaborative and positive, professional relationships with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to brand marketing, digital marketing, sales managers & finance.
- Communicates with customers /partners to understand their needs.
- Responsible for set-up, organization, and shipping of various trade tools (i.e., POS, Displays, value-adds, etc.), which involves physical lifting, loading & unloading of vehicles, and use of a vehicle to transport items to storage lockers, etc.
- Communicates well verbally and in writing. Keeps team members and management informed of project status.
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Will not have any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 4- 5 years of marketing, trade and/or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility, preferred in the alcohol industry.
- Must have minimum 3 years trade marketing experience.
- Experience with effectively presenting information to small and large groups, including senior/executive management and customers.
- Experience with collecting and analyzing data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions and recommendations.
- Experience developing and implementing consumer promotions with and without 3rd party involvement.
- Experience managing and executing projects with multiple moving variables and deadlines.
- Well-developed verbal & written correspondence and presentation skills.
- Skilled in learning and applying multiple data sources.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, multi-tasking and attention to detail skills.
- Computer skill requirements include: basic MS Word and PowerPoint; intermediate MS Excel and database.
- Ability to work independently and with groups, takes initiative to drive responsibilities forward.
- Experience exercising confidentiality and making decisions.
- Must have a valid Ontario drivers license and a vehicle.
- SmartServe Certified
- Must be able to lift and transport Gallo material on a regular basis.
- Must have a valid passport and be able to travel domestically & internationally.
- Experience working for a Multi-National Corporation.
- Experience in the Alcohol Industry.
- Well-developed negotiation skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger,handle or feel and talk or hear. This job requires physical lifting and moving of items listed but not limited to: boxes of reasonable weight, cases of wine, displays and other trade marketing materials in and out of vehicles, storage lockers and in the office. This includes loading and unloading vehicles, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
E&J Gallo Winery is committed to providing Accessible Customer Service to people of all abilities while ensuring we respect the dignity and independence of each person.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Proposal Specialist/Senior Proposal Specialist
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
Executive Director of Communications, Privacy & C…
Nanaimo-Ladysmith School District 68
Executive Director, Marketing and Communications
Waste Reduction Coordinator
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
Communications & Content Specialist
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP