Marketing and Communications Associate
World Education Services is seeking a Marketing and Communications Associate to join its Global Talent Bridge (GTB) team in our Toronto office. This role will provide marketing and communications support across all Global Talent Bridge and WES Canada projects. The incumbent will assist in developing and executing Canadian communications and marketing plans built in collaboration with cross-border teams. This is a tactical role; the incumbent will focus on the development and execution of digital engagement and content marketing for B2B and B2C audiences. Some travel to the United States is required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, oversee, and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns in collaboration with cross-departmental teams
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of emails (newsletters, invitations, etc.)
- Develop subscriber base and help drive list segmentation strategies to create targeted email lists
- Support the building of processes for digital outreach and lead generation
- Test copy, landing pages, calls to action, and content to improve marketing efficiency
- Work closely with our marketing operations team to launch campaigns and perform A/B testing on all elements of nurturing (lists, email templates, CTA's, offers, etc.) and continuously improve campaign effectiveness
Content and collateral development
- Participate in editorial and communications planning meetings to develop content concepts and themes for Canadian audiences in line with overall department objectives
- Develop a portfolio of content that supports outreach including presentations, backgrounders, competitive positioning, thought leadership, and briefing notes
- Maintain a library of collateral and monitor inventory
- Produce and edit webinar content to support the work of the GTB team
- Assist in writing and editing content for B2B and B2C audiences
- Coordinate logistics for photo and film shoots, and edit raw files as necessary
Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor monthly media, website, social media, email metrics and produce executive reports and analysis to track effectiveness of communications and marketing initiatives and identify areas for improvement
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and content providers to execute, monitor, and report on program/campaign performance
- Assist in developing and implementing compelling pitches to targeted media contacts in relevant sector publications, and relevant local and national publications in Canada
- Create and/or pitch WES-authored content for external audiences
- Coordinate the production and logistics for GTB events
- Provide programmatic and administrative support for events and activities
General marketing and communications
- Assist with development, implementation and measurement of a communication and market strategy for GTB and WES Canada in line with overall organizational marketing and communications strategy
- Collaborate with other teams and departments at WES (including, graphic design, marketing operations, strategic communications, and others) on projects related to GTB
- Uphold brand standards; provide branding support and carry out quality assurance on partner communications materials
- Help develop and maintain Salesforce database (add contacts; remove duplicates; modify existing contacts; ideate customizations as appropriate)
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, English, Journalism, Multimedia Communication, Public Relations, or Marketing, or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years’ work experience in non-profit or corporate communications and marketing with strong, professional writing skills, and experience segmenting communication strategies
- Specific facility with HTML editing and writing, WordPress, Marketo, Salesforce, and Adobe Suite preferred
- Ability to write clearly for various audiences, including the general public, policymakers, practitioners
- Experience creating content for B2C and B2B audiences
- Strong interest in and understanding of various communication platforms (including social media, public relations, marketing, media, print, digital, and interactive communication)
- Knowledge of email best practices
- Knowledge of and interest in immigration issues, either through professional or personal experience desired
About WES Global Talent Bridge
WES Global Talent Bridge is dedicated to helping skilled immigrants fully utilize their talents and education in Canada and the United States. We join local and national partners including academic institutions, professional licensing bodies, employers, and community organizations to help skilled immigrants use their skills, leverage their training, and achieve their academic and professional goals.
About World Education Services
Founded in 1974, World Education Services (WES) is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals achieve their higher education and professional goals by evaluating and advocating for the recognition of international education qualifications.
With a staff representing 37 nations and speaking over 40 languages, WES has delivered evaluations to more than 1.5 million people worldwide that are recognized by more than 2,500 educational, business, and governmental institutions throughout the U.S. and Canada.
WES has set the standard of excellence in the field of international mobility with our world-class credential evaluations, research, training and ongoing support for international students and skilled immigrants in the U.S. and Canada.
WES WIL values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WES, please visit our website at www.WES.org and to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Friends of Canadian Broadcasting
(1-year contract) Manager, Marketing (Design and …
Prostate Cancer Canada
Marketing Brand Specialist
Confidential Company (Toronto, ON)
*Marketing Researcher / Copywriter
AGENTC Recruitment Bureau Inc.