Canada is our stage.
Those four words inform everything we do as a catalyst for performance, creation and learning across this great land. We are proud to be a home for many of Canada’s most exciting artists who captivate audiences on our stages and on stages across the country.
Our Five Core Values:
Go Above and Beyond
The National Arts Centre’s National Creation Fund invests up to $3 million a year in the development of compelling and ambitious new Canadian works in theatre, dance, music and interdisciplinary performing arts. The Fund is a catalyst for Canadian artists to make great work, investing in the additional time and resources that these types of opportunities demand, such as strong creative teams, longer timelines, workshops, residencies, in-progress showings, professional spaces and new technologies.
The NAC is seeking a proven, dynamic Communications professional to develop and implement communications strategies to enhance the profile of the National Creation Fund and its investments, nationally and internationally.
The ideal candidate is both a thinker and a doer who brings energy and initiative to the work at hand. You have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of communications experience in the performing arts or a related field. You are able to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally, to maximize the impact and results for all. You are digitally connected and curious, and have a track record of developing successful online activities. You have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, in both English and French. You are both a self-starter and a team player, a perfectionist and a realist, and are excited by new challenges and a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the strategy and developing content for the Fund website and e-newsletters;
- Developing and expanding the Fund’s social media presence;
- Cultivating relationships with key national and regional media, pitching stories and fostering partnerships;
- Developing/writing brochures, videos, letters, web content, scripts/speaking notes, ads, and reports as required;
- Designing compelling presentations;
- Creating and managing promotional opportunities around events and performances.
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field and a minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience;
- Superior language skills; you must possess the ability to communicate verbally (one-on one, public and media relations) and in writing (drafting, editing) in both official languages;
- Ability to draft and conceptualize multiple methods of communication (press releases, web content, newsletters, video scripts, correspondence, etc.);
- Possess strong attention to detail in your own work;
- Strong knowledge of the performing arts;
- Direct experience in working with journalists and the national media;
- Exceptional knowledge of social media tactics (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram);
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to take initiative in a leadership role on projects;
- Demonstrated initiative and sound judgement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to manage the demands of multiple stakeholders;
- Strong project management skills;
- Creative and analytical thinking.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Manager, Digital Strategy and Social Media
Account Manager - Online Reputation Management
Senior Director of Marketing and Audience Develop…
Associate Vice-President, Communications and Publ…
Manager, Marketing & Cluster Development
Regional Municipality of Durham