Strategist- Digital Marketing
Do you Love data and analytics? Can you write compelling digital ad copy that get results? Do you consider yourself left and right brained? If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to meet you.
The BCIT Marketing and Communications Department is seeking a regular, full-time Strategist - Digital Marketing. This position is responsible for working with the Manager to conceive and produce a highly targeted digital strategy, ensuring that all digital campaigns and communications are optimized for key conversions and follow rules of style guides, visual design and quality assurance. Bridging creativity with analytics, the strategist is key in developing and executing BCIT’s digital strategy. Working with the Marketing and Communications team, cross-institutional subject matter experts (SMEs) and web content owners (WCOs) the strategist will provide leadership and guidance on campaign and content best practices to maintain and enhance brand cohesion. The strategist will track and report on institute marketing KPIs to inform and optimize campaigns and strategic content. This position collaborates with stakeholders, Web Services, internal schools and departments, and external digital agencies to problem-solve, innovate, analyze and manage digital campaigns and content to drive results.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
• Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
• A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
• Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
• Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
• Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
• Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
• A minimum of a bachelors degree in an appropriate discipline such as marketing, communications, English plus completion of specialized training in digital analytics and web intelligence, web publishing, digital advertising, and internet applications.
• Two years general web content development experience (writing and editing effective web content) plus four years experience in a similar position, with expertise in web analytics and digital advertising, preferably in an educational or multi-stakeholder or digital agency setting.
• Experience with web content management systems workflow.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office, Visio, HTML editors, image editors and Adobe Acrobat.
• Familiarity with web content management systems, experience with Marqui preferred.
• Ability to use common operating systems (e.g. Windows) and standard file formats.
• Knowledge of web usability and information architecture principles.
• Familiarity with requirements definition, site mapping and client interaction.
• Highly skilled in Google Analytics, SEO, and Google AdWords.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
• Proven facilitation skills.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by exercising tact and diplomacy while maintaining the highest levels of customer service.
• Experience leading project teams.
• Excellent organizational, project management and analytical skills, with ability to develop schedules, action plans and implementation guidelines for digital content development.
• Proven technical, editorial and web writing, editing and publishing skills.
• Strong attention to detail and experience proofing and editing for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy.
• Experience reporting KPIs and providing actionable strategic recommendations.
• Ability to work individually and within a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and effectively handle changing priorities.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only successful candidates will be required to have transcripts submitted directly to BCIT’s Human Resources Department directly from granting institution at the time of reference checks. If applicable, successful candidates will be responsible for the completion of international credential evaluations. All appointments will be conditional until receipt of verified credentials.
To apply, visit us at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website.
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications
More search results
Business to Business-Marketing and Sales
The Acquisition Group
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Medicare Insurance Agent - Millions spent on inbo…
Remote Medicare Insurance Agent - 100% commission…
Entry Level Sales Manager - Marketing & Sales
The Job Window