Social Media Specialist
- The Creative Group - A Robert Half Company
- Toronto, Ontario
- $60,000.00 to $70,000.00
- Job Category
- Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
Our client in Toronto is looking for a Social Media Specialist to join their Toronto based team!
As the first person on the Digital Team, this position is responsible for running all organic + paid social media, contests/promotions, events, and brand partnerships. As the Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for planning, developing, executing, tracking, and optimizing the Vitarock social media strategy to increase followers, engagement, brand awareness, and conversions across the platform.
Functions involved for the Social Media Specialist will include:
- Being the voice of our client; building and managing social media profiles and presence, including Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and more.
- Monitoring and engaging in relevant social discussions about the company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Running regular social promotions and campaigns, and tracking their success (i.e. Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.)
- Editing, publishing, optimizing, and sharing all digital content.
- Identifying new channels and distribution tactics to get content in front of the right audience, while staying up-to-date with social media best practices, technologies, and trends.
- Participating in relevant events, source strategic partnerships, and execute contests/promotions within the wellness space.
- Becoming responsible for A/B testing of campaigns, analyzing data and reporting on key metrics.
- 2 or more years of experience in Social Media, Events, or Partnerships, preferably in a B2C environment.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Photography and editing skills an asset.
- Attention to detail, innovative with a creative eye.
- Knowledge of SEO tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Webmaster tools, SEOMOZ tools, Advanced Web Ranking, etc.)
- Knowledge of Segment, SemRush, and Hubspot.
- Knowledge and successful in executing social media marketing paid ads for Facebook, Instagram YouTube.
- Self-starter with the ability to develop a social media strategy from scratch.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
Connect with Us Today:
For more information about this full-time position in Toronto, connect today with Kylie McLeod at (416) 365-2010 or apply online now at –
Similar searches: Marketing & Communications